Chapter 1

A/N

Please ignore all grammar mistakes ext. Will edit soon.  

This is my first ever fan-fiction, please comment :)

Okay bye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Follows after TLJ

Planet of Dagobah (The planet of Yoda's final years)

Rey sighed, thinking about the past week's events. Thinking... something she has been constantly doing. She has been trying various forms of meditation, and nothing seemed to quite work. This morning she was trying jogging while counting her steps, a tactic Finn had suggested to her. Needless to say, she had lost count enough times to lose hope. How ironic, hope seemed to be so scarce these days, and that is not something she wanted to ever be a part of. Rey saw a beautiful, green pool a few feet away, and steadily made her way towards it. Truth to be told, she can't calm down; she's been feeling so tense and worked up since they've arrived here. Here, as in Dagobah, or Yoda's planet as most Jedi used to say.

 She jumped over a broken tree stump and continued carefully on a ridge. Looking down she could admire the glittering pool beneath her, nature always seems so calm. She moved slowly, pressing herself against a natural rocky wall that ran beside the ridge. She didn't know how long they would last before the Empire finds them again. They had built an impressive enough base with the time that had passed... But it's not nearly enough, she that knew when the time came, they would need a miracle, a hope the resistance doesn't seem believe in anymore. If only Ben had come with her, had turned, things would be much easier. Together, they could have built up a new generation of Jedi to restore the balance.

Suddenly a overwhelming presence filled her mind, Rey inhales sharply in a mixture of fear and shock, and something else... something she's not ready to admit to herself. Rey spins around trying to reach her lightsaber but alas, slips on the ridge, and hits her head with a loud smack- that would make even General Hux cringe. She fell into the icy depths below, leaving her weapon on the ridge. In her moment of doubt she had stupidly forgotten that she was standing on a ridge... something that would haunt her still in several years to come.

Kylo rose a brow as he watched that unfold. He quickly secured her lightsaber, and dived into the water in one smooth movement.

Rey gasped when she saw her saviour, millions of thoughts simultaneously sped through her mind. How was this possible? He's here... should she alert the Resistance? Of course she should alert the Resistance! Her inner self facepalms.

Her wide eyes drifted over the dripping form of Kylo Ren. She bit her lip, trying to desperately keep her mind at peace. She did not dare look into his eyes, knowing they would at once expose her every thought.

"Kylo" a weary whisper left her chapped lips. The dark lord broke this unwavering gaze, briefly shutting his eyes. Kylo... not Ben. Why was that painful? Perhaps it was intimacy he craved. Her lips made it sound sacred, made him want to be called that name again. His eyes snapped back to her. She finally acknowledged him. He has to answer, he saved her life after all.

"Rey"

His voice. How could she not look up at? Rey swallowed the lump in her throat as her eyes connected with two dark pools, she gasped softly. Who were they kidding? The energy around them were electrifying, they were like magnets, just one moment of weakness and they crash into each other. Kylo's lips parted as he inhaled sharply, her mind filled his own, he could see nothing but her, feel nothing but her. Her breath matched his own, her heartbeat drummed in his ears. He hated it, how she made him doubt; she brought back the guilt he deals with every night.

Rey supported herself against a nearby rock and stood up as best she could. "Why are you here?" she eventually asked, thankful that she sounded calm and steady.

He smirked, "Straight to the point, as expected" He stepped towards her, and watched, amused, as she tried to reach for her lightsaber. Key word tried. He slightly moves his cape just enough for her to catch a glimpse of her weapon. "I took precautions. I hope you don't mind" he said, still moving towards her.

Rey wanted to strangle him. She glared up at him and silently cursed his height. Kylo was now towering over her. She gulped, slightly nervous at their close proximity, but refusing to give him any sort of satisfaction. He slowly leaned down... his eyes never leaving her, taking in her every reaction. Her wide eyes, red cheeks, her train of thoughts; how intriguing. "I'm here to end things" he whispered huskily. And then he was gone.

She shivered. Rey stood frozen... for how long she did not know. To end what? Them? The connection? Why does that scare her? She grew frantic, trying to piece the information together, when suddenly, Kylo's chuckle echoed in her mind. "Why would I want that? You'll figure it out soon enough, I already told you once..." The connection cut, but she was already running, mentally slapping herself, and Kylo.

The Resistance. She had to warn them in time.