1; The start of something new

You had just gotten home when you heard Three voices talking upstairs along with music playing. You quietly walked up the steps listening to the conversation. Something about... toothpaste? You smiled to yourself, knowing who it was. It was Rick, Michonne, and Carl. "Guess who's back!" You yelled and everyone turned excited. "Y/N!" They all yelled back laughing. "Hey Y/N? Do you happen to have toothpaste?" Michonne asked. Luckily, you just came back from a quick run and tossed her some toothpaste and her eyes lit up. "Yes! Baking Soda!" You all laughed again as she went into the bathroom. "Oh yea a few more things." She said stepping out again. "We gotta change that bandage Carl it's been a whi-" you cut her off "I can do it! ... I-If Carl is okay with it of course." You blushed. You've always like Carl ever since day 1.

-Flashback-
You have been wandering the woods for a while now. You lost your family back at WoodBury after this guy who called himself "the governor" took over. You and your family took care of Woodbury and was in charge until he came along. Your parents helped you escape but they got killed by him. He hated you and your parents guts so he didn't shoot them in the head in hopes they would find you in the future and sadly, they did. That was the hardest thing you ever had to do. You loved them dearly for they were your parents. After that, you were alone wandering the woods trying to survive by yourself. One day, you heard screaming and yelling so you went and investigated. You hid behind a tree as you saw two people with guns to their heads and a kid about your age getting thrown around by a bigger adult. That enraged you. You took out your silenced pistol but stayed hidden. "That's fucking messed up dude he's just a child." You said, stepping out. He turned around and everyone froze. You shot the guys leg as he yelped in pain. "I don't know what the fuck got to you that made you think torturing children is ok but it's really not!" You we're going off at him. You shot his arm. Everyone stared in shock and had terrified looks on their faces. Meanwhile, you were pissed and had enough of this. "You know, this whole situation is pissing me off. Do you know what I do to people that piss me off?" He shook his head no and you shot him. After that everything went crazy and the group killed off the rest of the people threatening them. After they were done you tossed your bag toward them. "Here. Supplies that should last you all a month." And you started to walk away. "Wait!" You heard a small voice and turned around. It was that kid you saved. "W-where are you going?" You thought about it for a second because you honestly had no clue. "Everywhere" "what does that mean?" Jeez this kid is full of questions! You thought. "Uhm, well, you see, I don't have anywhere to go. I just kinda hang around the woods y'know?" He looked back to his people with pleading eyes and turned back to you. "You look like your around my age. You should come with us! It would be nice to have another kid around my age around..." he looked down at the ground and you smiled a bit. "I'm sorry. You would have to talk to your people it's not up to me-" "how many walkers have you killed?" The man stood up and you were confused. "I don't know... more than I can count." "How many people?" "That one guy-" "why?" "You guys seem like cool people and I wanted to help." He turned to the woman. "We no longer have a camp but, you can join us." The kids eyes lit up. It took you no time to make up your mind and you smiled. "Sure, I would love to join you guys." The kid jumped up and down. "I'm Carl, that's my dad Rick, Michonne, and Daryl!" He pointed to each and they all waved. "It's a pleasure. I'm Y/N"

-back to real time-
"Oh, uhm.. sure." Carl said. You ran to the downstairs bathroom preparing to bandage him up. He came down a few minutes later. "Ready?" You asked. "Y-yeah." He started to prepare for you to start. You've never seen his eye ever since the night he got shot. He took off his hat and unwrapped the bandage, preparing himself for you to wince or say something rude. Instead, you smiled at him with warm eyes. You wrapped him back up and put his hat back on him and kissed him on the cheek. You were both blushing a deep crimson. "Looks like the sheriff is back in town." You said as you opened the door and went back upstairs to Michonne and Rick.

-Carl's P.O.V-
I can't believe it. Y/N didn't do anything when she saw my eye but smile at me and continued to bandage it. I also couldn't believe she kissed me on the cheek! Like yea. We always have moments like that where we kiss each other in the cheek or forehead because the other needs comforting or something but I always go into a daze when it happens. She left but I just stood there in the door frame red as hell off in a daze. "Hey Carl?" My dad. "What's up?" "Are you okay? Your just standing there dozing off." He smirked. Everyone knew I had a big crush on Y/N except for her of course. "O-oh! I'm fine just... thinking." He nodded and walked to the kitchen and I bolted up the stairs and heard Michonne and Y/N talking. "Are you sure you want to go on this run with me?" Michonne said. "Yea I'm sure other wise I wouldn't be saying yes!" She replied. "Y/N are you crazy? You just got back from a run!" She turned to face me.

-your P.O.V-
"Y/N Are you crazy? You just came back from a run!" I recognized the voice right off the bat. I turned around and sure enough it was Carl. "I'm sorry Carl. I know I know but I'll be back." I blushed as he pulled me in for a hug. "You better." He huffed and then walked down stairs and outside. You and Michonne giggling. I was still a bright red and Michonne pointed it out. "Ooooo somebody's in loooove." She teased. I play punched her in the arm rolling my eyes as we made our way down the stairs to embark on this journey.

-
1132 words
Wow this one is long but hey, if you finished it give yourself a pat on the back because you're the shiz.