10 ~ Family Time

Song: Scared to be Lonely - Martin Garrix

Call after call, Winn refused to talk to me

I guess it's time for a change for a little while.

"Hey, do you think I could stay at your place for a little while?" I ask my sister, Amelia, over the phone with a sniffle.

My eyes are red from crying and my nose is stuffed up.

"Of course, what's wrong? Are you alright?" She asks.

"Just need a change of scenery. I can explain more when I get there." I try and clear things up.

"Ok, I will see you later then" Amelia says curiously.

Ever since what happened, Winn and I haven't spoken.

It seems like everytime something gets better, it just gets worse. If that makes any sense.

I wait at the bus station, taping away at my phone. I send a quick text to people who should know where I am.

The bus pulls up and the door slides open. I hand my ticket to the bus driver and hurry to my seat with my suitcase traveling behind me.

I turn my phone service off and listen to the music I have downloaded to my phone.

After I am about a quarter through my playlist, the bus pulls up to the bus stop that sits a block away from Amelia's house.

I make my way down the streets, weaving through people walking the opposite direction.

I arrive at my sisters house in a few minutes. I knock hesitantly.

"Aunt Skylar!" I hear a familiar squeal before the door swings open, revealing Amelia with Annie on her hip.

The sight of them immediately puts a smile on my face.

They pull me into a giant bear hugs as I step into their home.

"Annie! Amelia!" I squeak back at them.

Annie hugs my leg, causing me to laugh.

"Honey, why not you go eat your snack at the table while Aunt Skylar and I catch up." Amelia suggests to Annie.

She cooperates, going into the kitchen to dig into your apple slices and crackers.

"What happened?" She asks, taking a seat on a floral chair in the living room.

"Nothing." I say in the tone I use when I lie to Amelia. Just like Kara's crinkle, I can't control it.

I can lie to just about anybody but her.

"Are you sure about that?" She asks with a small chuckle.

I sigh.

"Winn kissed me. And I froze, he apologized like he regretted it, and we haven't spoken since." I sigh, plopping down on the couch, putting my hands over my face.