prologue

I happen to like cliche.

And by cliche, I also literally mean the word; cliche. It's such a nice word to say, to pronounce. The word means something that is overused, and it could honestly be anything. For example, one cliche thing is a picnic date, or taking someone to the beach to propose to them.

The second one is currently happening in front of my eyes. The woman followed the pedals that made a path to her boyfriend, that was happily standing on the sand with fake candles surrounding him. I watched, curious with how this would go. With a surprised face, as if the whole scene isn't already revealing, the woman gasped and clasped her hands over her mouth as she got closer to her boyfriend.

After a long speech, the man got down on one knee, took a box out of her back pocket and opened it to reveal a shiny diamond ring.

I rested my chin in my palm, awaiting for her response. But just as she wanted to give her answer to his proposal, the scene went black.

"Okay, that's boring."

Letting out a huff, I turned my head to find my friend standing up from the couch he was seated on. I scratched the back of neck, hoping to hide the fact that I was actually into the show we were watching. I hate how into I am of cliche shit.

"We have another twenty minutes until we have to get back on set," He said after checking his watch. He met my eyes with a shrug. "Wanna run lines?" He asked.

"I mean, do we have to?" I almost whined, beginning to stand from the couch I was seated on. At my words, he crossed his arms and lifted his eyebrow. "I know my lines, I don't need to go over them." I said with a shrug.

"You may know your lines, but you don't." He told me, picking up the script then tossed it my way. I caught it with a huff, listening as he went on. "You forget your lines, it's annoying–funny, but annoying. We'll have a lot of you saying you forgot your line in the blooper reel." He chuckled out.

"But," I started with a dramatic sigh, earning an eye roll from him as he flipped through the script in his hand. "I wanna take a nap." I mumbled.

"You should've taken your chance at that nap instead of being so into The Kisses We Never Shared." He said, which told me my act of hiding how into it I was failed. He let out his stupid adorable laugh, that was hard for me to resist a smile. That's coming from me, the most gay girl out there.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "It's The Life We Will Share." I corrected, huffing while he laughed again. "Shawn, let me take a nap!" I whined, stomping my feet childishly; which made him let out another laugh.

"We're going over your lines." He told me, laughing a little knowing as he told me what page to flip to. Despite not wanting to do it, I still did it but with an attitude. He didn't pay attention to it, and simply said the lines of my love interest. Suddenly, his script came in contact with his knee rather dramatically. I raised my eyebrow, confused by his act.

Rereading the script, I tilted my head. That wasn't part of the act.

"How the hell do you forget your lines?" He asked incredulously, which led me to let out a short "ooh" as he went on to tell me my lines for this episode were one worded or just one sentence. As he went on, I flipped through the pages and read his lines, impressed with so much he had to memorize. For a beginner in the acting business, he sure is doing a good job.

A minute, maybe two, passed and he finished with a huff. I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, so I had to do my best to seem like I was. Then, I spoke. "Are you done?"

He let out a breath. "Yes."

"We're working with Camila Cabello." I started, surprising him at first but as I went on, he got it. "She's Camila Cabello. You might be used to being around her, but I'm not. At least, not yet." I shrugged.