Chapter Fourteen [Mature]

Chapter Fourteen

                I peeked again.

                “Come on, Ryll! You know that it’s just a fake play! Nothing beats my love for you,” Janus nonchalantly replied and braced to Ryll’s firm hold on his shirt. Slowly, inch by inch, Ryll distanced himself away from Janus—going toward my direction.

                This time, I panicked and ran away from the wall and hid behind a divider wall opposing the wall where I previously hid. My camera was still on, though, it was recording rubbish stuff. I saw Janus running after Ryll, but then the smaller man just pushed him away.

                For a full minute, I regretted being so reckless in Palm Islands. If I wasn’t sent here…this wouldn’t have happened to them, right? I felt guilty for doing such casualty to them…and the only thing I can do to pay off the damage I gave to them is to…protect it.

                I looked back. Janus hugged Ryll from behind. “I’m sorry, Ryll,” apologised Janus. I continued hearing sobs from Ryll. Janus leaned down and gave Ryll a peck on the neck, and then his hand crept up to his shirt and tickled the smaller man.

                “You twat!! DON’T DO THAT!!” exclaimed Ryll and literally flew toward my hiding place. I jerked out of my hiding place…and revealed myself. SHIT. I’m really doomed.

                “Mary?” they both said. I panicked and looked everywhere for an alibi—but I terribly failed to do so. What am I supposed to say? The truth sets you free…right? But how free does it mean? Does it mean my soul will be free from my physical body?! I’m not ready to diiie!

                “Err,” stuttered I, “I was, err, looking for…err, my wallet. It’s probably, err, in the, err, Music Laboratory. Just checking the place,” I told them. I winced my left eye—I was already anticipating any form of harm and pain.

                I felt someone pull my hand and gave me something on my palm. I looked at it. It’s my wallet!

                “Good thing I found that before anyone else,” said Ryll kindly. I looked at him with full shock.

                It took me a silent and awkward moment before I uttered a reply, “Thank you.” I immediately checked the contents for my necklace and found my necklace still intact—however, my money seemed…overpopulated. £500,000?! I only had £500 in here before!

                “You still don’t get it, don’t you?” I told Ryll. He unexpectedly smiled at me. It’s probably the end of the world! A smiling Ryll is the sign of the apocalypse!!!

                “Don’t worry, Rosenfield, I’m giving that amount to you for you to return to SRA,” he replied to me. Janus and I faced him with shock. What? He’s making me go back to SRA?

                “W-wait! I—err,” I stuttered in utter shock. “R-ryll, err, I could…keep your secret and, err, find a way to, well, protect it. I will, err, bail, you out from, err, troubles! I, err, I can be your shoulder to lean on,” I stammered out a response. I was panicking. I basically don’t want to be killed next time…this could be a life insurance. I nervously grinned while crossing my fingers in hopes that they will, somehow, accept the foolish bail-out excuse of mine.

                “Mary, you don’t have to do that,” spoke Janus nonchalantly. I sighed deeply and frowned.

                “It’s basically my fault why you’re fighting lately. I feel guilty about it…so I wanted to help,” I replied. “Besides, it won’t be a pain if I’d do that for you and my sister. I was only thinking of my sister’s feelings when she knows about this…this relationship.”