"This is simply moreish Lara!" I said in absolute delight. "Let's start with the trifle." 

"Hold your horses Gwenny, deserts later," dad said, dropping into a chair beside me. "Scarlet....Scarlet...where's she?"

"Coming," came Wonder Witche's voice from somewhere upstairs.

"Come and join us in Lara." Scarlet had appeared into the kitchen. 

Yup! I was right about her spirits for christmas!!!

She was wearing a fancy silver dress that was quiet glittery, reaching upto her knees and glassy stilletoes.

"Merry Christmas Gwen dearie," Scarlet pecked me on the cheek.

"Er- you too,"I mumbled, my lips stretching out in a tight smile.

"Now this is some wonderful lunch Lara,"Dad was saying as he knifed through the meat. "Where's the champagne. Ah...

"To my sweet little family, a very happy and blissful christmas," dad raised his glass that was three-fourth of champagne.

Scarlet, Lara and I followed his lead.

We ate in silence. All that we could hear was the clatterings and rattlings of the forks, spoons and plates.

Inorder to break the eerie silence, I turned to Lara. "What trifle is this Lara. It's amazing! I can taste moccha and chocolate."

"It's called double chocolate moccha trifle. It's got good british touch to it, isn't it dearie?" said Lara

"It's delicious. You're an amazing cook."

"Gwen dear, I think your phone's ringing," dad said, casually. He was indeed right.

"Excuse,"I mumbled and darted upstairs into my bedroom, to find my phone buzzing noisily on the dressing table.

Mum's name flashed across the screen.

"Mum,"I spoke into the phone, my heart thumping with delight.

"Baby,"mum's mellowed voice came from the other end. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas mum,"I said. "You...you bought that pendant. You remembered?"

Mum chuckled and said,"You thought I'd forgotten. It was so beautiful and luckily that cashier, the sweet dimpled one, she didn't give it off. I'd booked it ages ago and bought it when I got monthly payment. I sent it to dad via courier. It's quiet shocking to note that he received it within the next two days."

"Mum it's beautiful. It's very lovely. Infact I'm gonna wear it to the Christmas ball at uni today."

"Alright honey. Do mail me a pic of yours."

"How is Phil?" I asked after a moment. 

I could feel the tension in mums voice when she spoke next.

"He's doing loads...better."

"Right. Well?"

"What are you gonna do for christmas?"

"Uhm-I dunno. I bought presents for Ned and Mel. Mel's my best friend, I forgot to tell you about her." 

And that's when I started with a full fifteen minute conversation with mum, honestly speaking, it felt wonderful having a proper convo with mum.

She kept responding by throwing in a few statements or laughing.

I even mentioned Zack, but didn't get into much detail.

"Honey I hope you always stay happy," mum finally said

"Yeah,"I answered in reply.

"Sweetheart, I should get going. Phil's asked me to give you is love and I do hope Bill's doing great to."

"Mum if you would just talk to dad-"

"We talk every once in a while,"she cut across me.

"You do?" I asked, surprised

"Yes. Through mail."

"No I meant, on phone. I could just hand him my phone-"

"Er-Gwen darling I have to go. Take care dear and a very lovely Christmas." She blew a kiss through the phone which I pretended to have caught.

"Bye mum."

"Take care dear."

And the line went dead.

**********************************************************************************************************

A/N:

I know it's a late update

Oh I'm really out of words of apology, but I'm quiet sure you all are an understanding audience

Please do leave ur comments and don't forget to vote and share

till then

Au revoir :) 

P.S. PIC TO THE RIGHT IS U NOE WHO ;)

.