Chapter 56

GWEN'S POV~

Today was the day where the sun shone over my head radiating a sense of positivity.

Positivity of Ned returning? Well- no!

I didn't want my life to be all somber because of Ned. I needed to be more tougher than this and not sloppy.

I knew deep down in the deepest pit of my stomach that I would be talking to him, that was what precisely cheered me a little.

All I want to do is just sort things between us and tell him how I feel. That's about it!

It's up to Ned if he wants to return. I'm sure once he's done with his post grad he'd come back to me. 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't realized that I reached his building.

I had woken up really early today morning, infact I barely slept at all as I tried to calm my mind down.

Eva had messaged me when I was in shower saying that she'd meet me today, on the other hand, Mel had to delay on me because of some freaky proposal issue. God knows what she meant!

Since no one was there to drop me to Ned's place, I had to wait in the bone chilling cold to catch a cab.

"That'll be fifty miss," 

I got down from the cab into the chilly yet weirdly welcoming air.

Being so radiant and hopeful was partially freaking me out. I had never been so propitious about anything and this terrified me a lot.

It was only a quarter to nine. Mrs Baker would probably be leaving to work or would have left around this time and I suppose the twins would already have been off to school, Ned's eldest sister had left back to Edinburgh so that would leave Eva home alone.

I could almost feel a huge lump form in my throat as I knocked at the door. How I had always expected to see those hazel brown eyes hidden behind those huge spectacles everytime I knocked at the door. He'd always be dug into one book or the other. Oh gosh I miss that geeky face so much!

It's alright Gwen, I kept assuring myself as I have been all morning.

The footsteps behind the door started to grow louder as they neared it and Mrs Baker flung it open.

"Gwen sweety," Mrs Baker embraced me into a quick hug and looked mildly surprised. "C'mon in."

"Thank you Mrs Baker," I acknowledged her as I followed her in to the living room.

"I was just leaving dearie," she said picking up her working bag. "Help yourself to anything dear girl. I haven't really made breakfast as I'm running a little late-"

"Mrs Baker, please-"

However, I was interrupted by Eva

"Gwenny-boo"

Holy moly! That nickname Eva gave me back when we were little. I never liked it back then, but Eva always found it cute on me; Ned on the other hand guffawed everytime Eva called me by that name.

Eva felt much like her older self at that moment as memories came rushing back to me. I used to spend a lot of time with her than I did with Ned at that time, Ned always got annoyed about it, the thought about it made me giggle.

"Hey you," I hugged her real tight.

"Alright girls, will be off now. Love ya" Mrs Baker made her way out of the room.