Chapter 2

Sometimes I found it really hard to forgive a person. For instance, now!

Though there was a fatherly look on his face, though the urge of hugging him was there, I felt terribly sad for being here. Away from mum.

" Where've you been?" I asked sourly.

The smile vanished from his face as he said,"Uhm, just came. Traffic. How was your journey? "

" Fine," I mumbled, avoiding his look.

"Good. We should get to the car, don't you think so ?"

" Yeah," I agreed, pushing the trolley after him.

Dad led me through a building opposite the airport. When we got into the lift of the building, he took the trolley from my grasp and pushed it towards a beautiful shiny black Audi R8 spyder.

" Whoa!"I gasped at the very sight of it. " Don't tell me we're gonna sit in this?!"

"Now that you ask, we are," he replied, flashing me a grin that resembled so much like the one I used to give to mum when I ended up soing something mischeivous much to my mum's annoyance. " And..." he was saying as he loaded the back seat with my stuff, " Now that we talk about the car, it's sooner gonna be yours."

The very thought about me driving a super awesome car like this made me wanna whoop out of sheer joy.

But I pulled myself up before I break out shouting happily, like how I normally did around my friends.

I got into the front passenger seat and waited for him to get in.

"It's funny how kids have their earphones on when they don't listen to music. Is it the new trendy fashion?" he laughed.

It was only then I realized that I had my earphones still plugged into my ears. Hastily removing them and stoving them out of sight, I mumbled, "How do you know I'm not listening to anything?"

"Because you're earphones aren't connected to any sort of device," he pointed out.

I glanced down at my lap only to find that my phone was missing on me. Maybe it fell down, but it wasn't there. I literally threw everything on the dashboard of the car as I looked in my purse for my phone. The point is my phone was totally valuable than anything at the moment because it was my very first phone and also it was gifted to me by my mum, who well...found it hard to afford expensive things like gadget and stuff. Also it had tons of important things in it, like photoes and....and, the point is I had to go and look for it, not waste my time in the car like this.

It was the very first phone I got on getting into one of the best colleges in Edinburgh, through merit at that too. I screwed up everything for that.

"Gwendolyn dear, sit down. I can get you a new phone,' dad said, as I got out of the car.

"NO! Mum gave it to me....it has important stuff...I need it,'I vociferated as I headed over to the lift.

"Look. Just get in the car. I'll buy you a better one on the way back home," he said quietly.

"I don't need a better one!" I literally bellowed. Luckily there was no one there except for the two of us and the cars, unless one counts them and who knew if there were people sitting inside, but I didn't care!