Chapter 4

My head spun around in the direction to the person who'd called my name.

At first, all I could see was the hustling and bustling of the people......well, students actually, but then finally someone came forward and snapped their fingers at me.

There was no doubt in recognizing that square-shaped face, hazel coloured brown eyes and that look of 'uh oh did I forget to do my homework!!!'

"Ned?!" My voice cracked as I observed the huge black and red glasses he had worn on his otherwise small face.

" Hi," he said, his smile faltering a little.

"Hey bestie," I said, flunging my arms out wide to pull him into a hug, but he held his hand out to shake mine, so I threw my arms down hastily, however, this time Ned had flung his arms wide while I streched mine to shake his hands. "Er-handshake," I finally suggested, because there were heads turning in our direction.

" Yea...yea, well, uhm-" he mumbled shaking my hand firmly.

His grasp felt rather hard.

"I..wow! ! I'm really glad to see you here," I said, happily.

" Me too," he replied, my hand still in his.

"Ned, about time you release her hand, you know," said another voice.

My eyes tore away from his face to look at the tall, pointed chin blonde headed girl.

"Melody," she answered to my questioning looks. "Ned's told me a hell lot about you."

" oh....uhm I like your name, " I turned to look at Ned and then at my hand which he was still holding onto, but then he realized it no sooner as he dropped it , turning deep red in the face.

" Whoa Ned," I murmured. " You have NOT changed a bit."

He cracked a swift smile to that.

Ned's hair was sticking to his thick, geeky skull, it looked like it wouldn't even move from its place even if he were to be standing in a strong thunderous storm!!!

Why was Ned making things look awkward!

" So, uhm..." Melody pinched Ned's shoulder and he gave a low moan.

" Hey geeeeko," a dark guy said as he went past us, punching Ned on the shoulder.

"Friend?" I asked, grinning to myself.

" No," replied Melody airily, " more like an arch enemy. "

Oooookay. Arch enemies were never good to have, although I have never really had any.

I watched the dark guy  walking away with his friends after he snatched a chocolate bar from a student, whom I assumed to be probably a few years younger.

" Bullying in college, that is some sight you have to get used to," Melody said walking over to the lift. Ned and I followed her lead.

Actually, I think I'm starting to like Mel.

Oh, look at that! I even thought her a nice nic-name to call  if we come besties toooo!!!!

Ned was quiet all along; Melody stretched her neck and peered over my shoulder to have a look into the paper I was holding out.

" Hey Ned.Look at that. Looks like you're lucky afterall," she said, jovially.

" Why?" I asked.

" Because you're gonna be in our class from now on."

"Gwen, you're in EEE tooo?" I was glad Ned spoke. Honestly speaking, I thought he was just gonna be a bit too shy to open his mouth.

" Yeah. EEE. " I was looking at the bag he had on his shoulders. My eyes widened in shock at the sight of it, because it was ABSOLUTELY humongous. " Whoa!"