Chapter 8

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Seven Votes!!!!! Not bad, don't you think???!!

Actually I wasn't expecting even that much :P

Anyways, Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your votes, I totally appreciate it and love you guys.

I really do hope you lot enjoyed reading it so far, temme more about it.....put in your suggestions, I''ll love to hear you suggestions.

Special thanks to xxBlackstallionxx for being supportive.....thank you so much :)

You guys remember my promise to you..............

Well, then look at the picture to the right.....

Yup, I chose Selena Gomez as Gwen Stovall, what do you think?????

************************************************************************************************************

I was waiting at the front gate for my dad to come just when the phone in my pocket started buzzing

" 'Lo," I answered dully, hitting the answer button.

"Honey baby," my dad's voice boomed over the phone.

"Oh hey Billy," I mumbled. "Where are you?I've been waitin' in the stupid heat for the past twenty minutes."

"Yeah darling, about that. See, I'm here to pick your mu-I mean, Scarlet. She couldn't find a taxi back home and infact Scarlet's yet to pass her driving test, so it's gonna take some more time. You come home with Ned, k?"

"Ned??!!" I was totally furious now. Scarlet or his daughter?!! Whom did he consider more important? Stinking Scarlet, I s'pose.

"So?"

"You could've picked me up first," I pointed out.

"Actually hons, you're right, but now that I'm here-"

"Oh all alright. I'll come with Ned, atleast it's better than going with him rather than standing in this heat and don't Ever worry about me!"

My temper had taken over me as I hit the end key and tossed the phone in my bag.

Great! All that I was hoping for now was that Ned'd be still here, around somewhere and he was there!!!In the parking lot, standing next to a white Nissan Altima.

"Ned," I said, almost suddenly which sorta made him jump.

"Hey again," he replied with an almost cold glare.

"What's the matter?" I asked, bewildered by his look.

"Oh nothing. Really nothing. What do you want?"

"Okay, if it's really nothing-well-is it alright if you could drop me back home, my dad's gone off to pick up Scar- someone-" I seriously have no clue as to why I was refusing to tell him about Scarlet. "-yeah, so is it possible?"

He considered me for a moment and then grunted, "Get in."

"Thank you so much Ned," I said, getting into the passenger seat in the front and Ned closed the door for me and then got into the drivers seat. "So," I started. "Why are you acting like a jerk?"

But somehow I already knew the answer.

"Zack," he said, tonelessly.

"What about him?" I said, quiet sure of what was gonna come next.

"Don't get too close to him. He might be a real charmer, but trust me on this, because later on you are so gonna regret it."

"Chillax Ned, it's not like I'm dating him," I let out a half-hearted laugh, considering about the fact that if I hang out with Zack........but I couldn't really think on further because Ned interrupted my thoughts.