Chapter 25

Wotcher  fellas

I have just a word to say: ENJOY!!

***************************************************************************************************************

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty," boomed dad's voice as he drew the curtains letting the scintillating rays penetrate through the window that creeped upon my face.

"Shut the curtains," I said throwing the folds over me.

"Don't tell me you wanna spend your Christmas morning in bed."

"Blimey! I didn't realize today's december the 25th.

"Merry Christmas dad," I said, finally getting up.

He plopped down beside me; hastily shuffling he, retrieved a neatly wrapped blue colour box that had the words Swarovski printed on them in gold.

"Here you go and there is another one that I'd like to gift my baby..."his voice trailed away as he searched for something in the pockets of his jacket. "Ah..."

This one was bigger than the 'Swarovski' box. It was festooned with red ribbons that sprouted out in frills from the top.

"The red one here's from me and the blue one's from mum," dad was saying.

"MUM!" I exclaimed, absolutely non-plussed. 'She sent this to you?When?"

"Calm down honey. Your mum sent this a month ago. Anyway, she asked me to keep it safe till christmas. I thought I'd give this to you along with mine. Now won't you open it?"

"Huh- yeah. Sure."

Beneath the blue wrappings was a translucent box.

Upon opening the box, I was completely overwhelmed by what sat on the small, craemy fluffy cushion.

"Hey!"I exclaimed in realization. "You know this was the same platinum plated diamond pendant I saw with mum once when we went for Chrismas shopping last year. I fell in love with this  one.

"Dad you see the platinum heart has a figure of a woman holding onto a child inside it. It's pretty innit?"

"It's beautiful darling," dad beamed down at it.

Carefully placing mums present on the bedside table, I undid the wrappings of the present gifted by dad.

"It's an Armani watch," said dad, he was trying hard to read my expression. "You didn't have a decent watch I noticed, so I thought you could do with this one."

"Dad I love it. To be honest, these are the best Christmas gifts I've received in ages."

Internally, I was jumping with glee. This Armani watch with its perfect thin pale pink straps would look absolutely impeccable with the swarovski chain on my pearl white floaty dress that I'd decided to wear for tonight's Christmas ball at uni. 

"Dad thanks a zillion." 

I gave him a quick hug and rushed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

I was gonna have the best Christmas. I could feel it.

Infact I was right!

It all started with delicious lunch, well,I skipped breakfast,see?

Lara had made a king size stuffed turkey with green mustard gravvy- the tray on which the turkey was kept was plated on the borders with roasted potatoes and fresh green cabbages, nut roast and for dessert Lara had prepared Chocolate yule log and trifle.