•Twenty-six•

{Stephanie's PoV}

After a long day in the hospital with my father and mother I had finally arrived back at home. A sigh of relief left my lips as I saw that Simon hadn't burnt down the house.

I walked in, navigating into the living room and letting my breath hitch and heart melt when seeing Sophia curled up in a ball in Simon's arms. Her face was in his chest and arm tucked into her own chest. Whereas Simon was holding her back and nuzzling his face into her neck. The pair sleeping.

I looked around, seeing a bag and chocolate buttons empty which I specifically told him not to let her have, two boxes of empty pizza and a microwaveable meal in the bin rather then eaten like I told him to do. I just rolled my eyes, knowing he would never listen to what I said.

I grabbed a blanket off of the side and placed it over the pair, tucking it into their bodies as they both snored. Simon flinched but hugged further into Sophia. Before I walked away I heard Simon groan out my name.

"You know.. being a dad wasn't that bad." He chuckled in his raspy and deep voice. I bit my lip, turning back around and smiling gently at Simon as he was now looking at me properly.

"You had fun I see." I giggled, smiling at him as he chuckled and rubbed his still unbelievably tired eyes. He shrugged and cleared his throat.

"Don't go in her room by the way. It's a fucking mess." He laughed, making me smile and stare at his face. I'm not sure what came over me but tears began to attack my eyes.

Simon quickly got up, making sure not to wake Sophia and standing in front of me once he made his way over. He placed his hands on my waist, I bit the inside of my mouth and looked into his eyes longingly.

Giving in, I leaned up into him and gently placed my lips against his. He didn't bother to think and quickly kissed back, making me smile and wrap my arms around his neck to deepen our touch.

I pulled away in order to catch breath and placed my forehead against his, panting and staring into his eyes as he glared at me in shock.

"I still love you. You know." Simon admitted, wiping a stray hair from my face into the rest as I gulped and giggled softly.

"I still love you too. You know." I mocked, running my fingers through his hair as he smiled and pecked my lips softly.

I flinched when hearing his phone ring in his pocket, I nodded and stepped back as he glared at it and rolled his eyes.

"It's Tash.. I better get going." He sighed, I nodded and stepped aside allowing him to walk past me and towards my front door. He spun around, looking at me and shoving his phone onto the counter.

"Fuck that." He stated, grabbing my face and quickly kissing me once again with much more passion and love...