•One•

I awoke to a whimpering noise coming from my bedroom door. I rubbed my eyes briefly and pushed on my glasses that were sat on my bedside table.

My hand pushed away the covers as I hopped up and walked towards the door. My eyes looked down and my lip pouted when seeing Sophia curled up in a ball crying.

"Baby... what's wrong?" I giggled, reaching down and pulling her into my chest as she sniffled and hugged me tightly.

"I-I had a bad dream mummy. It s-scared me. There was a big monster.." She explained, I sighed and rocked her in my arms whilst walking towards the kitchen.

"You're here with me now princess so there's nothing to worry about." I smiled, kissing her cheek before placing her on the counter by the fridge.

I checked the clock on the wall to see it was half seven. I looked back over at my daughter and smiled gently. "Want anything to eat?" I asked her, she nodded quickly and smiled widely.

"I want pizza!" She shriek, I sighed and thought to myself. 'Just like her dad.' A smile crept onto my face just thinking about him as I and opened the fridge.

"Because you're five in a few days, this is the only time you're allowed pizza for breakfast. Alright kid?" I laughed, sitting a plate accompanied with a few slices of pizza onto her lap.

"Okay! Thank you mummy!" She chuckled, smiling to show her deep dimples and her squinted blue eyes. I brushed a stray strand of light brown hair from her pale face and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Love you sweetie." I stated, hopping on the counter across from her as she stuffed the pizza into her mouth and kicked her little legs from the counter top.

"Love you too mummy." She spoke in return, barely inaudible with her mouth full of food. What did I do to deserve such an unbelievable daughter?