The Corrupt Alchemist: Roy Mustang x Reader (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

Start from the beginning

"Ew, why did you do that?" I frown as I take out the handkerchief Mustang gave me for my birthday last year to wipe off his saliva.

"Hmph, it's not like you haven't touched it before. I don't know what's got you so antsy. If you're so adverse to touching 'gross' things, I suggest a pair of gloves." Mustang says, waving his gloved hands tauntingly.

I growl at his jokes, but I don't say anything else as to not tempt him to tease me any further.

"So what information do we have on Miss. Annabelle?" I ask.

"She was last seen in Reole, kidnapping children. None have been found." Mustang reports.

I lean my head back, "So there's not much we can do until we get there, huh?"

"Nope, but since we're alone..." Mustang leans in suggestively wiggles his eyebrows at me. I frown at his perverted mind, and push his body away from me. But in the meantime, I do put my hand over his.

"Just be glad I'm allowing this Roy." I bashfully say, before closing my eyes. I feel his hand turning mine over, intertwining our fingers letting out a content sigh. In just a few minutes we are both sound asleep.

I awake to multiple loud crashes and the screech of the train's wheels as the train operator slams on the brakes. I look to my left and see that Roy is already standing up and ready to leave the compartment to see what's going on. I follow suit, only to see everything in flames.

"She's here! She's here! Miss Annabelle is here! Oh dear lord..." the man starts to panic.

"Everyone evacuate now! I am Roy Mustang, a state alchemist! Follow my orders and evacuate!" Mustang commands, pulling out his state pocket watch as identification.

In order to create an easier opening for the passengers to escape, I close my right eye to activate my transmutation circle and I use my acid to corrode the walls of the train.

"Colonel! We need to get off now! The train is about to explode!" I yell at Mustang. We both jump off right as the train bursts into flames. Sweat from the heat and intensity of the situation rolls down my face. We now have about fifty scared passengers in our hands and a criminal on the loose.

"Central, this is Colonel [Reader's Last Name]. I am on the train route to Reole but the train just exploded. I have untreated passengers and urgent backup is needed immediately." I say into the phone as Mustang analyzes the situation to find Miss. Annabelle.

Suddenly, Mustang runs over to the other side of the burning train, and I hurriedly snap my phone shut.

"Back up should arrive soon! Stay put and wait for back up to come! If there are any doctors here, please treat the wounded!" I tell the huddled passengers before following Mustang.

I close my eye and draw a line of acid just in time between Miss. Annabelle and Mustang.

"Don't you dare touch him." I growl, "Now tell me, who sent you? There's no reason to attack us unless you have orders to."

"But I do have orders." she simply replies, her hand also reaching up to touch her gold necklace.

In a flash, her entire arm turns into gold and she rushes towards us. Before I can form acid, she's already in front of me and I feel a sharp pain down below. I slowly look down to see blood already seeping into my clothes surrounding the injury.

I try to release my acid, but nothing happens when the liquid pools all over her arm.

"[Reader's Name]!" Mustang yells and a sharp click sounds as a rush of fire barrels towards Miss. Annabelle. Mustang is by my side just in time to catch me before I fall to the ground, holding onto my wound.

"Who gave you those orders?" Mustang asks through gritted teeth as he also tries to inspect my wound.

"Why, your very own Fuhrer King Bradley, of course!" she cackles as her own joke while Mustang and I look at each other in horror. Does this mean that he had set us up for murder?

I wince as the pain from my abdomen intensifies, at this rate I may just bleed out... unless...

"Roy, I need you to burn my wound closed."

I see him contemplate it for a bit, looking back between Miss. Annabelle and my now bloody hands. I hear him heave out a deep sigh before he activates his alchemy. The familiar click sounds and a searing pain ensues.

I try my best not to scream out, so instead, I just grind my teeth and clench Mustang's jacket tightly to endure it. The process is over quickly, and although the pain is still there, I no longer have to worry about bleeding to death.

Mustang whips out both of his hands and in combination, creates a whirlpool of fire, meanwhile, I release my acid creating a slush of flames and acid— both directed at Miss. Annabelle. But when all the smoke clears, all I see is Miss. Annabelle's body covered in gold, unscathed.

"Oh my, that was quite hot..." she taunts, licking her lips.

What the hell, how is none of that affecting her at all? Wait... I'm using my regular acid, which is nothing special... But if it's gold, it's still a metal so something must corrode it.

"Roy, buy me some time, I think I might have a solution to beat her."

I look up at Mustang to hear his response towards the matter, only to see him give me a nod. I smile in return— the trust we share is quite admirable if I do say so myself.

Mustang's flames run in the background as I rack my brain. Hydrochloric Acid is an immensely strong acid, but that alone won't be enough. I need it to mix with another chemical... but what is it?

I think about what my master once told me... gold is different from other metals...

That's it! I got it! The King's Water! It's a 3:1 ratio of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid. Combined, they have the power to dissolve gold!

"Aghh!" I hear Mustang yell. I turn to the sound, to see that Miss. Annabelle has ripped both of his gloves, leaving a deep cut on his hands. He jumps back to where I am.

"I think I found out how to corrode her gold." I inform him, while I hand him a handkerchief to press onto his wound.

"Come at me!" I taunt Miss. Annabelle. In a flash she's in front of me, but this time I'm ready for her attack.

I manage to grab ahold of her hand before it hits me and release my newly conjured acid of hydrochloric and nitric acid. Miss. Annabelle screams in pain as she desperately tries to yank her arm away, but I grab her shoulder, bringing her closer to me. Since her whole body is covered with gold, I also release acid all over my own body. In mere seconds, the chemical reaction is complete and Miss. Annabelle's gold shell has disintegrated, along with quite a bit of her skin.

I make eye contact with Mustang before jumping away, and in just a second an explosion occurs right where Miss. Annabelle is standing.

"Good job." Mustang smiles.

"Yeah you too." I nuzzle my face into the crook of neck and smirk, "You ready to go back and give Fuhrer a nice surprise?"

"Hell yeah."