Chapter One.

Jay:

"Jasmine Luna Lopez! Despierte a su culo ahora! {Wake your ass up now!} Groaning, I threw the pillow at the door and covered my head with my extra one. It was too damn early to be thinkin' about school. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and sleep the day away.

"Jasmine! It's the first day of school! Now, wake your ass up or imma come up there." I jumped up immediately and ran for the bathroom.

"I'm up!" I took my shirt off and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked a hot ass mess. And I had light bags under my eyes. I really did not feel like going anywhere but I knew that my mama was not about to let me stay home if I wasn't sick, especially on the first day back. The burning hot water coated my body in warmth causing a shiver to run down my spine. My showers always had to be scoldin' hot. I didn't like it any other way. My shower soon ended and I was soon standing in my closet. My eyes raked over the variety of clothes until I picked out a white polo shirt, black skinny jeans that were some-what baggy on me, with my black and white Jordan 11s. I looked fresh to say the least. I spray myself down with colonge before releasing my dreads from the ponytail, allowing them to swing freely. I grabbed my bag, and phone then trudged slowly down the stairs.

"Finally!" I rolled my eyes. She stayed exaggerating. I reached for the pancakes that were stacked on the plate before my hand was smacked away. I pulled my hand back quick and stared at my mother's face. Her eyebrow was quirked with her hand on her hip, daring me to sass her. I sighed.

"Those are for Steve. I made you some, BUT you took too long. So go out to the car, I'll be there in a second." I rolled my eyes once more in annoyance. Ever since her and Steve had started dating, it was always 'Steve' this and 'Steve' that. I was gettin' real sick of 'Steve'. He constantly walked around here like he owned something; actin' like he had the right to tell me what to do. Hm, fuck that. He wasn't payin' no bills. He was just fuckin' my mama. He wasn't gettin' any kind of special fuckin' privileges from me.

I scoffed and made my way to the car. My morning was already startin' out bad and I wasn't even at the damn school yet. And to top it all off, mama was drivin' me to school today. I hated when she drove me. But since I got my car takin' away for being out too late, after Steve bitch ass convinced my mama that I needed to be more 'responsible'. How the fuck wasn't I being responsible? I came home at midnight. I wasn't drunk, I wasn't high. Yet, since his bitch ass said something, my mama just had to agree with him. That was the one thing I hated. I never really had any beef with Steve until he started usin' my mama to 'disipline' me. To be honest, I just think he didn't accept the fact that I was a lesbian. When my mama had first met Steve, everything was all peachy. He had her smilin' and dancin' and shit. Until he met me; then all hell broke loose. They would have arguements about how I dressed, how I acted. He would tell her how it wasn't right for a woman to 'play the part of a man'; that it was unholy and a sin. But everytime he would say some smart shit to me, I would just throw it right back in his face, leaving him with that dumbfounded look that made him look constipated.

The sound of the drivers' door opening snapped me out of the thoughts.

"You ready?" I nodded in reply and laid my head back against the smooth leather headrest. The only good thing about my mama meeting Steve is that she upgraded everything. She always wanted the dudes she was messin' with to know that she sure as hell didn't need them; but that she kept them around because she wanted to. My breathing slowed and my eyes began to flutter closed. I was tired as hell, might as well get a nap in.

---

"Jasmine." A hand on my leg caused me to jump out of my sleep with a jolt and she immediately pulled her hand away.