We moved out of the room with the dagger pressed to her throat. The hallways were clear. I smirked. I dragged her in front of me. We passed next to my cell where the half burned man was lying uncosiously. Next to him were the other three guards. Four people uncosious. Or dead. Alexandra gasped in fear. I dragged her out of the place.

"Use your speed" I commanded. She nodded. In a matter of seconds we were deep in the forest.

"Follow me" I said. We kept walking further into the woods. The longer I walked the weaker I felt. My bones were starting to ache. Occasionally my vision blurred. My body was failing me.

"Val, something is wrong with you." Scar muttered. I ignored her and kept walking.

"Did you kill them?" Alexandra asked quetly. My back was turned towards her.

"I did" I said through the pain.

"What are you gonna do once Dave brings Ace? What's your plan" She asked me.

"I'll use you as a bait" I muttered.

"Then what?" She asked.

"My people will be here by sunrise. Then it's war Alexandra. So make sure you know who's side you are on. Because I don't tolerate traitors" I said harshly. I could feel her stiffen behind my back.

"Ace told you" She whispered.

"Of course he did" I scoffed.

"I didn't mean to. Hell. Who would want that for their parents? For their pack?" She exclaimed.

"You left your fourteen year old brother to to lead the pack on his own. You betrayed your family. And your pack. And at the end of it all you ran away like a coward." I said. A second later I shut my mouth. I had no right to call her a coward. I murdered my own pack. And then I also ran away like a coward. I had no right to judge her.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it. I have no right to judge you" I said quietly.

"No, you do. You are right. I am a coward. But I promise you, Valentina. For the sake of my brother. For your sake. For the future happiness I will not betray you. I will fight with you and for you. I swear." She said.

While she talked I felt myself loose balance. The air in my lungs seemed to be be cut off. My legs gave up and I fell on my knees.

"Valentina!" Alexandra ran up to me.

"I'm fine" I lied.

"No, you are not fine. Look at you! I think..I think. No. It can't be" She stuttered. I started to caugh uncontrollably. Her eyes got the knowing look as if her suspecions were confirmed.

"Valentina, you've got the virus." She said.

"Virus?" I asked.

"Yes. It's a genetically modified virus. Dave has been working on it for years. Its horrible, Valentina. I can't understand. When did you start feeling sick?" She asked me. My heart pumped in my chest as I heard her words.

"A few hours" I manged to say.

"Fuck. Valentina, it's transitioning through blood infection and injections. Has any of that happened to you?" She panicked. I started to caugh harder.

"Blood infection could be anything including the bullet wound. I've been getting injections every day." I closed my eyes.

"Oh God. Valentina, everyone who has gotten the virus died. It has something to do with weak immune system. I'm not surprised he tried that on you. You are too powerful. But we have to do something. Soon you will start loosing your mind due to the hallucinations."

"How do you cure it?" I asked.

"I don't know." She panicked.

"Fuck. How long do I have?" I asked through the pain.

"I say maximum twenty four hours" She whispered. I shut my eyes in pain. Twenty freaking four hours before this goddamned virus turned me into a vegetable. Twenty four hours untill I would loose my mind and most likely die. And here I thought I had three more days to live. Three more days to do something in order to get out of here alive.

I felt my eyes dwell up with tears. Twenty four hours was enough to free Ace. It was enough to murder them all. But It wasn't enough for me. Their death had to be slow and painfull. Just like they all deserved.

Twenty four hours wasn't enough for me to tell Ace everything I had in mind. It wasn't enough to tell him how much I loved him. It wasn't enough to tell him he was going to be a father. At the thought I felt a tear escape my eye. I clenched my teeth in furry at the thought of something happening to my baby.

"Oh, Val" Alexandra whispered brokenly.

"I-I never meant for this to happen. I never intended to hurt anyone. All I wanted for my brother is happiness. And you are his happiness. If anything happens to you he won't take it!" She sobbed.

"How can we extend it? Make it happen slower?" I asked.

"I have no idea. Dave never told me about his projects." She covered her face with her hands.

"So there is no way?" I asked. She looked into my eyes and the look she gave me was enough for me to understand. I would die.

"Fine. Then I'll keep my heart beating as long as I can" I said fiercely. With a deep breath I stood back up.