Maybe we could talk...

Through the rain, I see Adrian and my heart sinks.

"Look... I-I don't want anything to do with you, right now." I say to him.

He rolls his eyes, taking a puff of his cancer stick. "I guess pretty boy broke that little heart of yours? Guess your mine now,"

"I don't belong to anyone. I belong to myself, and that's that," I scoff and turn back around, walking away. I wrap my arms around me for comfort. Adrian jogs up to me and slings an arm around me. I shrug it off like it's a disease.

"Why don't you go, before I shove my foot so far up your ass, you won't be able to walk for weeks." I snarl and glare at him, feeling genuine rage.

"You're a weirdo, okay? Leave me alone and quit following me!" I yell. Suddenly, his features darken, and a hand goes up and I feel a stinging sensation on my cheek.

It took me a few moments to actually register what happened.

He slapped me.

Oh my god... Adrian slapped me.

As I stand there, my mouth open in shock, he flicks his cancer stick on me and pushes me to the ground. "Act like a bitch, get slapped like a bitch."

"You're gonna be mine whether you want to or not," he growls.

I watch him walk away before my hand flew up to my cheek. The stinging sensation was still there, and I'm pretty sure it was red. Tears begin welding up in my eyes, and quiet sobs escapes me. I sit on the ground, crying like a baby. The cold rain was making me become numb.

Maybe that's what I am. A big baby. I mean, I act like one.

As I continue crying, a familiar voice stops me.

"Matthews! Matthews where the hell are you!" I faintly hear in the distance.

I frown as Nova approaches me with a pissed off look. He yanks me up, "Where the fuck have you been?!" he yells while pulling me undercover. He pushes me so I'm not in the rain, and that's when I notice he's soaked.

Was he looking for me?

I shrug my trembling shoulders, "I dunno."

He rears back with disbelief, "Don't give me that bullshit. Why did you leave? Where the hell were you?"

"I said I don't know," I reply quietly, "Nova please leave me alone..."

"Do you know how worried you made us Manon wouldn't tell me where you went, and you wouldn't answer your damn phone!" he yells. I swallow the lump in my throat and cower down.

I don't think I've ever seen him this mad.

"Since when did you need to know about everything I do?" I question and he scoffs.

"Are you fucking stupid? You're out in the rain when you know you are afraid of it!" he yells again and I look down. I feel my phone buzz and I fish it out.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey your mom's water broke or whatever, and dad is taking her to the hospital," Nailia says calmly, "And I'm kind of panicking because I don't know what to do,"

"Um..." I sniffle, "Okay, um, deep breaths alright?"

"Who is that?" Nova asks and I ignore him.

"Uh... I'll uh... I'm on my way." I say in barely a whisper. I hang up and look at Nova.

"I... I got to go.." I say to him, walking past him.