Tutor

{REWRITTEN}

Jimin hugged Yoongi goodbye, then hesitantly making his way back to Mr. Jeon's room with his bag in hand. He knocked on the sliding door, hearing a 'come in' immediately. He stepped inside to see his teacher with stacks of papers next to him. But he wasn't at his desk.

"Why aren't you at your fancy table?" Jimin asked, looking around to see it empty.

"When I'm grading, I sit here because it helps me understand better what you were thinking when you get questions wrong," Mr. Jeon explains, setting the stack on the ground and picking up a sheet full of text.

"Tell me what you read here," the teacher said, pointing at the first paragraph.

"Like, read it out loud?" Jimin stressed. Mr. Jeon nodded. "Just a few sentences. I want to see something."

Jimin eyes the paper, the words just moving around. "Heungdu and Noldu were drothers. Noldu, the odler drother, was very greeby, but his younger drother, Heungdu, was kind and... emperor...?" Jimin read, furrowing his brows.

"Empathetic. Spell it?" Mr. Jeon said, handing over a sheet of paper. It felt more like an interrogation than tutoring.

"Em-pa-he-tick" he wrote. Mr. Jeon smiled and wrote it down correctly. Jimin sunk in his seat.

"Don't get bummed out, we're working on it. Now let's look at your D's and B's."

The two began writing on paper, sharing the spellings and reading paragraph by paragraph.

There was some chatter between them about some things, but it came up closer to the end.

"Do you know the root of your dyslexia?" Mr. Jeon asked.

"No. My parents didn't pay for me to get checked up on it. They just kinda heard I had it and left, so I don't think any of us know," Jimin sighed.

"Then I'll have to try out my ideas! What's your favorite color?"

"Blue,"

"How would you feel about have a blue test? Want to test a theory?" Mr. Jeon smiled, making Jimin nod slightly. "Perfect. Well, you better go. Your homework is to write this down on a sheet of paper and bring it in to me, okay? See you!" Mr. Jeon handed over the page and waved a goodbye, picking up his keys and leaving. Jimin didn't read the paper then, but he did on the train.

"I am so dored of deing dored decause deing dored is so doring- wait no... I am so bored of being bored because being bored is so d-boring..."