00. What's your name, kid?

"What's your name, kid?"
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Written and Edited by: ohyoungg

    Rain poured down from the sky, splashing hard against the cobblestone road. A young girl, nearly the age of five, was running down the dimly lit street. A roar of an engine could be heard behind her. Fear flashed in her eyes as she turned to see the large white Chevy charging towards her. Preparing for the impact, she crouched down into a ball, arms covering her head.

    Instead of feeling pain, she felt a hand grab her waist and yank her back. She felt the rush of wind as the truck zoomed past. It nearly ran into a stop sign, swerving quickly as it flipped over, rolling and crashing down the hill before landing in a fiery heap. Flames roared, burning the truck and whoever was inside of it. She could faintly hear the sound of a man screaming from within the large inferno.

    After a while of staring, she decided to look at her savior. It was an older man, probably in his early thirties, a shocked look on his face as he stared at the burning truck. It seemed he was astonished, probably because he jumped to save her so quickly. She could tell by his scent that the male was an Omega, he also looked feminine in a way. The male finally came to his senses once he felt her move.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes were wide and still in some form of shock.

She nodded slowly. "Who are you?"

The man shook his head and stood up, holding the young girl in his arms. "That's not important right now. Where are your parents?"

She stayed silent, knowing that question was hard for her to answer. The male was patient though, and waited for her to speak. Finally, after much contemplation, she spoke, "They're gone."

He gave her a confused look, "Are you an orphan?"

    Once again the girl did not speak, so the man sighed and looked down at his phone. Several notifications were shown on the screen, most asking where he was and if he was alright. He headed over to his vehicle, opening the door and setting the girl down in the backseat. The male made sure she was buckled up before he closed the door and entered the drivers seat.

    He started up the engine and turned on the windshield wipers, hoping to clear some of the rain off the glass. The male backed out of the parking spot and began driving down the road. While he drove, the radio played soft tunes, soothing the girl in the backseat. Her eyes slowly began to close, soon putting her into a deep sleep.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

    The sound of a pan dropping woke the girl. She sat up quickly, her head feeling like it was full of water, making her fall back against the couch. There was a shout from somewhere in another room, then another one close by her. She felt a presence beside her, making her head turn to see a man, different from the one who saved her before. He had soft brown eyes, thick, plump lips, and a lean but short figure. His eyes widened when he saw she was awake.

"I'm sorry if I woke you! I was making dinner for us." He headed back into the kitchen, picked up the pan, and set it on the counter.

The girl stood up and stumbled after him. "What are you making?" She asked curiously.

"Cabbage kimchi and beef stir fry, as well as some fried rice. I hope you're hungry because I'm way better than any restaurant chef you'd find out in the city." The male boasted with a grin as he began cooking again.

She watched him as he cooked, the food already smelling like heaven. Taking a deep breath, she was suddenly lifted into the air. "Good morning! How are you? Do you feel better?"