t h i r t y f i v e

A/N: YO WHO'S READY TO GET THEIR HEARTS BROKEN

Phil's heart began beating faster as they drove through the familiar streets, nearing his house. They haven't exchanged a word so far, Phil staring out of the window and Dan getting lost in his pool of spiraling thoughts.
Suddenly, Dan brang the car to a stop a street away from Phil's house.

"So," Dan began speaking, but didn't continue. He sighed and leaned into the driver's seat, pushing his hair back.

"So," Phil repeated after Dan, clutching his bag to his chest. He had a hollow feeling in his chest, anxiety flowing through him.

"Look Phil, I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going, but all I know is that I'm not returning here." He exhaled deeply, looking down at his lap. "I can drop you off at home or drive you to school, or hell, maybe you could even join me if you'd want to," Dan let out a small chuckle at how ridiculous he must sound. He was barely ready for whatever he was planning, but he had already made up his mind.

Silence has resurfaced in the car, Phil's mind a complete mess. He didn't know how to feel. It's true that his dad has been horrible towards him lately and Dan was his soulmate, the person he's been waiting to meet for the longest time, but running away? At this point in life?

"Just drop me off at home," Phil finally said, tears welling up in his eyes. He couldn't cry now. He let out an uncontrollable sob, mentally scolding himself for being such a crybaby. "Or just, I'll walk there, please be safe" He wiped his tears away, only to let out another sob after. His mind felt empty, numb as he reached over for the car door. The only thing he could bring himself to do was cry, he never thought this would be how he and his soulmate would end.

"Please don't cry," Dan's voice cracked as he reached to hold Phil's hand, stopping him from exiting the car. Dan felt Phil's hand hold onto his as if he was scared to let go. Dan's chest was in pain as he looked down at the crying boy. He caused him so much pain in only a matter of weeks, hell he technically caused him pain most of his life and god knows if he'll ever forgive himself for that. He hates knowing he put someone like Phil in pain. He reached over to Phil and cupped his face with his hand, forcing Phil to look at him. "Maybe we'll meet later in life, under better circumstances." Dan smiled despite feeling like his chest is being repeatedly stabbed. "We're soulmates after all." At this moment a tear slipped from Dan's eye. He couldn't stress enough how crazy their situation was.

After a few more seconds of silence Dan pulled Phil in for what he thought would be the last kiss they ever shared.