f o u r t e e n

That's when Dan backed away slightly from Phil, took a deep breath, grabbed Phil's arm and reaching for the bandage and looking at Phil, quietly asking for permission to unwrap it. Phil silently nodded many thoughts stirring in his mind. Dan unwrapped the bandage from Phil's arm, exposing the healing cuts. Dan's heart felt like it was going to explode. Then Dan rolled up his sleeve, exposing the same scars, after which he put their hands next to each other, the scars matching up perfectly.

In that moment Phil didn't know what to think. He had a mix of positive and negative thoughts engulfing his mind. So he's the one that's been hurting me. Why? I hate him. I love him. Fuck. Why? Why? Why? Why!

"Why?" Phil weakly whispered. When he looked at Dan he could see him just staring at the aligned scars, as if the soul of boy with the curly hair has left his body, tears forming in his eyes again. "Why?" Phil asked again, louder this time.

"I'm so sorry," Dan sobbed  "I gotta to go." He shook his head and wiped  away his tears, just for new ones to appear. Dan got up, grabbed his backpack and rushed out of Phil's bedroom.

And as much Phil wanted to chase after the boy, he couldn't get himself to move. He just sat on his bed in shock.

At least in that moment Phil had realised, he didn't want that boy to hurt himself anymore. For Dan's sake and his own.