twelve

twelve

MARIA

The banging from my door woke me up. I sat up, startled as I grabbed the bat next to my bed and slowly walked over to the door. I waited patiently just to make sure that the person wasn't going to knock again; maybe they would go away or something. But instead the person banged on my door again only a voice followed, "Maria, I know you're in there."

I dropped the bat and unlocked the door, "What are you doing here?"

"What was that?" Justin snapped. "We separate ways for about two weeks and you're already with someone else?"

"Justin, you need to go home." I said, about to close the door but he caught it. That was when I got a clear look at his face. His eyes were glassy and his brow was furrowed. He looked genuinely sad and from the aroma that was coming off of him I could tell that he had been drinking. "Are you drunk?"

"I had a few beers, yes." He whispered. I sighed and was internally beating myself up as I moved out of the way to get him in my room before one of the girls in my hall said something. I closed the door and when I turned around Justin was so close to me I forgot how to breathe. "Why did you kiss him Mar? What does he have that I don't?"

"Nothing." I whispered. "I'm trying to save you Justin, you shouldn't even be here."

"Save me from what?" he asked cupping my cheek with his hand. I felt his fingers lightly brush my skin and I almost whimpered from the contact I've missed.

"They're threatening to tell the police about your father's hit and run. Bella wants you back, and they said if I did anything that I'd be putting you on the line too. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Maria," he said. "My dad has been off the hook for a year now. He turned himself in and turns out he wasn't the one who hit anyone. The person who actually did it turned themselves in. They can't hurt me."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Making the assumption that you'd bring me some place you bring all your dates. I shouldn't have assumed that I was like the rest."

"You're right, you shouldn't have assumed because you're not. You mean so much more to me than you could ever imagine and I've always felt this way about you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked looking up at him.

"I was too stupid to realize it until Vegas. I love seeing you smile." He whispered brushing his lips against mine. "I love watching you laugh. I even love that blush that's covering your cheeks right now." His hands went from my waist down to my ass, while his lips traveled from mine down to my jawline. "I love your skin even more."

My hands rested on his shoulders as I was pressed against the door to my room. I closed my eyes and whispered, "I love you." My eyes snapped back open Justin pulled away from me. "I didn't mean to say that, honestly. I guess I was just caught in the moment."

"Did you mean it?"

"Did I mean what?"

"Do you love me?"

I stood there for a second, thinking. This could go two ways. I could tell him yes and he could run, or he could feel the same. Or, he could just forget that any of this happened in the morning. I decided to man up and say, "Yeah, I do love you."

JUSTIN

I felt a grin appear on my face as I crashed my lips against Maria's. I pulled her body so close to mine as my hands crept up her shirt. Her arms wrapped around my neck as I slowly backed up, trying to blindly find my way over to her bed. I hit my heel on the base of it, causing the both of us to tumble backwards. We both started laughing, but didn't break the kiss until I started pulling her shirt away from her body. I threw her shirt across the room and looked at her body. "Jesus Christ."

"What?" she whispered about to cover herself up.

I grabbed her hands to stop her. "You're just so beautiful."

"You're making this too easy." She smirked.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to do Maria, believe me."

"Will you still be here in the morning?"

I sat up and wrapped my arms around her; "I'd be here every morning if you let me."

"Then I want this." She whispered. "I want you."

"I want you too. I always will."

[A/N]

Keep an eye out for my new story "Paradise" which will be a story based off of Lana Del Rey's album.

Also if you haven't already; check out my story Dangerous Game which is available in the iBookstore on iTunes!