one

one

MARIA

For most of my life I was that sheltered girl. I did everything by the rules, and never went to parties. The only alcohol I had ever consumed was during weddings that I went to with my parents, or the dolce de leche's my mom sneaked me on special occasions. My dad was very over protective of me. He was a military sergeant and he always wanted what was best for his little kitten...me. Although, I never understood how my parents got together. My mom was a complete wild child. She was so full of life and don't get me started on how beautiful she was. Everyone said I looked like my mom but I never saw it. She was a goddess and I was just one of those girls you saw in JcPenny catalogs. I wasn't insecure, but I wasn't a Victoria's Secret supermodel either, I knew that for sure. I was ninety-nine percent sure that my sister, Tawny, was the one that got all my moms super-model genes. But anyways, like I was saying; I was a sheltered kid. That was until I got accepted into the University of Santa Barbara six months ago. Everything changed. I got more into doing activities and I've been going to parties. I guess I could owe it all to my roommate Tyarra who dragged me out everywhere she went. The only reason I escaped to the library tonight was because she was on date night with her boyfriend Kris. Kris asked if I wanted to tag along but I've been third wheeling enough to last me a lifetime. I gathered all my books up and pushed my glasses back up my nose before standing up and pushing in my chair getting ready to head back to the dorms. When I saw a curly headed figure standing in the Literature section of the bookshelves. "You know the library is going to close in fifteen minutes right?"

Trenton, one of my best friends, looked at me with a crooked smile. "I made a bet and I need to win."

"Oh god, you and your bets. What did you bet this time?"

"Hamlet was made by that Shakespeare dude right?"

"No, but it was written by him." I laughed.

"You know what I mean!"

"You're the English one, you should know these things."

"Yeah, well Justin made a bet with me and I felt a little doubtful. I've been sleeping in my classes lately."

"Maybe you should stop doing that." I smirked, turning on my heel.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Back to my dorm?"

"No way, you have to come with me back to my dorm. Well...the common area. You're my living proof that I was right."

"Why don't you just look it up or something? I don't look all that good anyways. I look like I just woke up."

"Nonsense, you're beautiful!" he laughed grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the library.

"Trent, girls aren't allowed in the boys dorms late at night."

"Curfew for the weekends is one AM. I'll have you back safe and sound in no time, I promise."

*

I walked into the common room and set my books on the table as Kyle and Liam played pool. Liam was wearing a plain white tee that showed off every inch of his cut biceps and Kyle wasn't wearing a shirt at all. If I weren't always around these guys, and so used to seeing them with their shirts off I think I would've fainted. Actually...I think I did faint the first time Kyle pulled off his shirt now that I think of it.

"Justin! You owe me fifty bucks!" Trenton shouted stepping over the beanbags. Justin turned around in his spinning chair with wide eyes. Then they landed on me. Then the flashbacks came and I felt like I was back on the Sigma Theta Alpha balcony all over again. That was the night Justin drunkenly kissed me. I was one hundred percent sure he didn't remember a second of it, but I remembered the whole thing. Even up to the part where he pushed me out of the way so he didn't puke on my shoes. I never told anyone about it. For starters, Justin had a girlfriend who was mean as hell and because I didn't like rejection. He was my first kiss and I didn't want him to remember me telling him that. I don't even want to remember the memory myself because if I could forget it believe me, I would in a heart beat. "Maria here told me I was right and you were wrong. Shakespeare did write Hamlet."

Change Me - a Justin Bieber storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें