seven

seven

JUSTIN

“Seriously Mar, does it take you this long to shop?” I asked pushing the already full cart.

“Yes! I have needs.” She yelled back at me, throwing a bag of Always in the cart.

I rolled my eyes, but I still thought it was cute. I imagined if this is what it would be like if she was living with me permanently; to see her in the mornings in my bed, or maybe seeing her walk around my apartment with my t-shirts on cooking in my kitchen. It was the sexiest thing to me that maybe; just maybe I could get this girl to fall for me.

As soon as we turned the corner to go down another aisle we ran into Connor. “Hey Maria,” he glanced at me. “Justin.”

“Sup Craig.” I grinned politely.

“It’s Connor.” He retorted.

“I don’t care.” I shot back.

“Justin.” Maria warned. I just took a deep breath and looked away. I was sort of…pouting actually. “Hey Connor, what brings you here?”

Connor chuckled, “I was just picking up a few things the hotel room doesn’t provide. What’re you doing here, most importantly, what’re you doing here with him?”

“I’m going to be staying with Justin for a couple of weeks, so I’m just picking up the necessary things.” Maria explained picking up some vitamins from the shelf and putting them in the cart along with all the other contents.

“You’re staying with him?” Connor asked.

“Yeah.” Maria nodded, focusing her attention elsewhere.

“I guess that’s okay.” Connor muttered.

That caught both of our attention. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“I mean, I just thought if you were in any type of trouble you’d confide in me or something.” He explained.

“I barely know you on that level. Why would I come to you instead of going to Justin?” she asked.

Connor’s whole demeanor changed then. “Well, sorry for basically saying I’d be there for you through anything but I guess you already have someone who can do that for you.”

“You’re right,” Maria said crossing her arms. “I do. Let’s go Justin.”

MARIA

“Wipe that smirk off your face.” I said, putting the steaks into the freezer.

“It was cute what you did today.” He said, unloading bags and placing groceries on the counter. “Even though you don’t talk to me about much either.”

“Don’t go there. I tell you more than you think.” I chuckle. “Plus, you’re not as special as you think you are.”

He grinned even broader and it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Seeing him so happy made my heart swell so big it hurt a little bit in my chest. “You like being around me, just face it.”

“Obviously I do if I agreed to your terms.”

He walked over to me and cornered me against the counter. His hands were gripping the counter as he said, “I do want you to know how happy you made me by staying with me, and I just want to prove to you that I’m the guy for you, and that I can be everything you want me to.”

“Justin…” I started.

“No, don’t start that. Don’t tell me that I will have to try harder than I think I will because I know I’m going to have to be the best guy you’ve ever seen before in your life and I know I can do that.”

“I wasn’t going to doubt that you can make me happy. You already do. It’s just your jealousy and your temper I can’t handle.”

“I’ll work on that for you.”

“Good.” I whispered placing my hands on his chest. He grabbed my hands in his and leaned in close. It was so close I could smell his cologne. It was staining my vision and making it hard for me to think straight. Just when his lips brushed mine the door opened and Liam barged through. Justin and I pushed away from each other and he glared at the boys who were walking through the door.

“Thanks for knocking.” Justin muttered.

Liam just grinned, “What were you two in here doing?”

“What makes you think that we were doing anything?” I stuttered.

“You’re blushing and fumbling with your clothes.” Trevor laughed. “I know that face anywhere.”

“Shut up.” I laughed turning back towards the counter. I sighed and mildly had to catch my breath. I was flustered and my heart was racing 100 mph. It was crazy what Justin could do to me in just one brush of his lips.

And I enjoyed every second of it.