nine

nine

MARIA

When I heard the front door of Justin's apartment slam I just knew something was wrong. He came in the room and quietly went through the drawers, grabbing night clothes and then left the room. I sat up in the bed and stared around the dark room. I all of a sudden felt so empty now that I knew he was home and I was alone in his room. I got out of the bed and walked over to the door opening it softly. Just as he was pulling his shirt off he heard me. Justin turned around to look at me and I could see a worried expression on his face. I looked down at the t-shirt of his I was wearing, "I hope you don't mind that I have your shirt on."

He shook his head, "No you look perfect."

I pushed my hair behind my ear, "So, how was work?"

"It was work." He shrugged. "What did you do when I left?"

"I fell asleep shortly after..."

"I didn't mean to wake you." He sighed. "You should go back to sleep, you have class in the morning, and it's late."

"Come sleep with me." I offered. "I feel so alone in your room."

"I don't think that's a good idea Maria."

"Why not?"

"I don't trust myself in bed with you, all alone and everything."

I chuckled a bit. "Come on, I trust you."

"Yeah, because that's the kind of person you are. You're very trusting."

"Please, you know I wouldn't ask you to do something you couldn't."

"Shut up." He laughed, walking towards me. I smiled and when he got close enough I wrapped my arms around him. The way he was looking at me, it made me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. "I thought about your lips all night."

"You did?"

"I made such a stupid decision kissing you."

Ouch. "Why's that?"

"Because now that's all I want to do. All I want to do is kiss you."

I blushed and looked down. "Shut up."

"I'm serious." He whispered. "Can I kiss you again?"

My voice caught in my throat. I was taken aback by his question and the way he sounded. The way he asked sounded like he didn't mean to say it at all. It sounded like he was just thinking out loud and I just so happened to peer into his thoughts. I nodded my head slightly and he slowly bent down to kiss me, but just then Trent opened the door to his room, rubbing his eyes. I backed away from Justin and we both looked across the room at Trent. He looked at us both and smiled, "Go back to what you were doing."

"What do you want?" Justin asked.

"I needed to pee, but let me leave you guys alone." Trenton laughed, backing back into the room and closing the door.

I looked up at Justin with a smile on my face. "So are you just going to stand there or are you coming to bed?"

He grabbed my face and pulled my lips to his. My arms wrapped around him, pulling him closer to me. His hands moved from my face and down to my waist. I was a little disappointed when he pulled away to catch his breath. "I think I'm falling for you Maria."

"A guy like you can't fall for me."

"Well I did. I'm falling for you so hard and I just want to know that I'm not the only one in this." He paused. "Please tell me I'm not the only one in this."