Part 3: Chapter 15

Börja om från början

"Herms, drink the firewhisky and then Ginny pour her another," Draco said from the couch.

"Already ahead of you," Ginny replied with a wink. "Charmed the glass to automatically refill."

There was rustling in the fireplace and Pansy and Blaise came rushing into the drawing room. "We're here, we're here! Are we too late!? Did we miss it?!" Pansy said, trying to catch her breath as she sat down.

"Nope. Still waiting."

Harry arrived with Athena, Narcissa Jo and Lyra a few minutes later. Headmistress McGonagall had given them permission to come home for the announcement of the new minister for magic.

Hermione looked around the room and smiled. The room was packed with her family and friends. Lyra and Narcissa Jo were playing on the floor with Makayla and little Remus. Athena, Scorpius, Rose and Albus were playing exploding snap. Aries, Teddy and Victoire were talking with Harry and Ginny. Ron, Padma and Ravi were there as well. Pansy and Blaise were fussing at Marco for not coming home to see them more often. Kingsley and Arthur were standing by the fireplace chatting with Theo and Elise and Mrs. Weasley was explaining how the election worked to Hermione's mum and dad.

Hermione felt so much love and knew in that moment, that the outcome of the election really didn't matter. These people had been there for her throughout the long, grueling campaign process and would still be there for her, win or lose.

The campaign had taken a nasty turn once the girls had returned to Hogwarts. Her opponent was down in the polls and resorted to slandering Hermione's name and emphasizing the fact that Draco and his family had been death eaters. Instead of focusing on the issues and highlighting his own accomplishments, his team had tried to downplay hers. His tactics, though horrible, worked to some degree as he was only down three points the day before the election.

Hermione had released a simple statement about integrity and the importance of being able to trust your leaders. She hoped it was enough to maintain her lead and win the election. But for now, all they could do was wait.

So that's what they were doing. Sitting by the radio, waiting for the announcement.

The door to the drawing room opened and Athena slipped into the room, looking worried. Hermione frowned; She hadn't even seen her leave.

Athena walked over to her mother and sat down next to her. She leaned in and whispered, "Hey mum can I talk to you alone for a minute?"

"Sure sweetheart let's go--"

"Hermione they're making the announcement!" Ron called from the other side of the room.

Hermione's eyes widened and she looked over at her daughter.

"Come on mum! We'll talk later; this is more important!"

They rushed over to the radio and Draco turned it up so they could all hear.

"...in recent days, the race for Minister for Magic has been very close but we finally have the results you all have been waiting to hear. I am happy to announce that the new Minister for Magic, with 75% of the vote is Ms. Hermione Granger-Malfoy--"

They didn't hear the rest of the announcement because the room erupted into cheers. Everyone was hugging Hermione and congratulating her.

She was in a state of shock as Ginny shoved a glass of champagne into her hand and Draco made a toast. They celebrated long into the night after Draco got back from taking the girls back to Hogwarts.

Hermione woke up with a horrible hangover the next morning. "Bloody hell Draco, how much did I drink last night?"

He was already up and humming as he got dressed. "Way too much evidently," he replied, opening the curtains.