ii: not what you'd expect

Kat

Kat

It felt like a ton of bricks had slammed into her skull. She didn't even dare try to move an inch let alone open her eyes for fear it would get even worse.

What happened?

Last she remembered, Chase and Chloe were bickering then fell asleep after a few episodes of Naruto.

What did I do after that? She tried to force herself to remember yet nothing but a blank came to mind.

Her ears perked up at a sudden voice close by and she forced herself to concentrate on what they were saying, in hopes that it would give her some sort of clue as to what happened.

"..."

Her head screamed in protest at the slight movement and she flinched, the harsh throbbing becoming more painful. She would've screamed if she could've, but there was nothing else for her to do but lay there helplessly and endure the pain until it stopped.

Seconds turned to what felt like hours. She lost count and somewhere in the midst, finally succumbed to the darkness just to not endure it any longer.

"SHE STOPPED BREATHING!!"

::

sometime later

"Nnnghhh..." She groaned, the familiar pounding in her brain still throbbing but not as bad as before. She winced and tried to slowly open her eyes. She let out a hoarse cry of joy as her body obeyed her this time and her eyes fluttered open. It was blurry for a few moments, but after blinking a few times, things slowly began to come into focus.

Plain white walls surrounded her, with nothing but a door on her right and a few plain pictures plastered on the wall of inanimate objects. But what caught her eye, was a long metal pole that stood a few feet away from her. Her eyes traced the long wire that was attached to it, to find a needle poking into her arm.

I'm in the hospital?

Her heart skipped a beat at the thought. She swallowed, but forced herself to stay calm, irrational thoughts quickly closing on her.

She didn't know why she was here. She didn't even know where she was. What she did know though, was that she had to find Chase and Chloe. Maybe then she'd get some answers. But for now, she forced herself to shut down on any thoughts of even thinking it was a hospital.

Her hand shook as she slowly swung one leg over the bed and grabbed the IV pole. Her steps were hesitant, grasping the pole tightly for support as she forced herself to trod to the door, ignoring how her muscles throbbed in protest.

By the time she was near the door, she already broke into a massive sweat as if she were running a marathon. She paused, leaning against the door frame to catch her breath.