I felt myself frown slightly at this, knowing deep down that I wished for Ben to act such a way with me. He never held me close, or bothered to hold hands, and honestly it just felt a little cold. He was a cold person. Although, it just meant that the times he did get a little touchy or clingy were so satisfying and significant.

"Flynn... Flynn..." I heard from a distant voice, and then shook myself from my stupor.

"Sorry." I apologised, and looked to Zach. He has been the one calling my name.

"We should do something when we're all free." Jace inputted, looking around us all for an agreement.

"My dad wants to get into camping again, I was supposed to mention this to you, Zach." I said. I saw his eyebrows raise and his facial expression turn into one that resembled glee.

"Woah, really? It's been such a long time." He said, and looked to Jace who seemed to look a little too uncomfortable.

"You mean out in the forest? With all those bugs... and-"

"We usually rent a caravan." I cut in, snickering at how scared he was. It's exactly what you'd expect from someone who loved the indoors as much as he did. "Or if we have to, then we'd rent a cabin."

"You'll be fine." Zach chuckled, and held him close and kissed him on the cheek. I peeked at Ben, who was already looking to me. A smile broke out on my face.

"We should get going. I'll see you guys later on at the reception." Ben announced, and tugged on my blazer sleeve and dragged me away like a rag doll. I heard Jace and Zach murmur something as we left, but I wasn't able to catch on to it.

We waited at the exit doors of the hall, as said our goodbyes and 'see you later's' to the rest of the guests. Ben was doing it mostly, since I didn't know half of these people. The venue we were at was the same place where the reception was going to be hosted, so the guests would come back in a few hours and see the hall had been transformed into looking like an entirely new banqueting suite.

We left shortly afterwards, first having to wait for Dad and Karen to get a jog on and to stop talking to the newlyweds, and second having to play an annoying, impromptu game of hide and go seek with Harry and Casey since they'd disappeared off somewhere - probably somewhere quiet so they could play Top Trumps.

Since the venue wasn't too far from home, we headed back, and Ben, his parents and his brother all stayed in the hotel nearby. I decided to get dressed in some comfortable clothes and head outside for a walk since we had a couple hours left before we had to leave and Ember needed a walk. It had been a while since I walked around the neighbourhood, nowadays I was so busy with Ben and the wedding, and my disorder that It had been a while since I'd even considered leaving the house for my own pleasure, despite the fact that I would walk aimlessly everyday when I was in school.

The air wasn't so chilly now, despite the fact it was only March. Regardless, I shoved my hands and Ember's lead deep in the pocket of the old ragged hoodie I took out recently from the back of my cupboard, and rounded the bend onto the next street. I didn't have a clue where I was walking to, but I didn't really care and I don't think Ember did either. Usually I would have my earphones in so I wouldn't really notice the area around me, but I didn't bring them today. I found that the children playing in the nearby park clad in their school uniforms bought me enough peace.

I couldn't help but envy their innocence and sense of freedom. They had no priorities, no need to think about their future just yet, instead, they just cared about the present time, and the most worrying thought they had was whether or not they'd throw up on the spinning roundabout that they were playing on.