33; soirée

Pic: Ben (he be looking FINEEEE) ;)

Seeing signs for Manchester, London and Birmingham started getting me a little jittery, but my hand that was laced with Ben's was keeping my breathing steady, even though it was his fault I was getting worried anyway.

I guess it was the fact that I knew with him, I was totally safe. Wherever we go, it's not like I'm having to face it alone. It's just like going to Ben's neighbourhood, because that place was scary.

"Can I ask what area we're heading to?"

"Nope."

"Be-en." I dragged out.

"Would I put you in a situation that you'd hate? Of course not, so just trust me."

I sighed and rested my head against the window, overlooking the sun that was settling on the field that surrounded the road. Cows aimlessly pottered about and ate grass on my left side, and on the right, there were horses doing pretty much the same thing.

The road we were on was dark, with the only source of light being the headlights of this car, and the headlights of cars coming the opposite direction. With the latter, that was only so often.

I was slowly feeling my eyes get heavy, so shutting them for even a prolonged moment was enough to fall into a slumber.

*.*.*.*.*

The car kept jolting all of a sudden, waking me up from my once peaceful nap. I grunted as I sat up in my seat after noticing I had somehow managed to get my butt right to the edge of the seat even with my belt wrapped tightly around me.

"You sleep funny." Ben chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, and noticed that the jolting was just Ben trying to park the car in reverse. He braked suddenly after every little edge backwards towards the wall.

I gathered that with the two hundred other cars around us, the tight parking space and the distant sound of oncoming traffic, we were in an underground car park in a bustling city.

"We're here?" I grinned.

"Yep, and fashionably late."

"I like how you added 'fashionably' in there."

"That's because being fashionably late is your style. I wouldn't want to come to this place right on time anyway, since nobody would do that except- wait, never mind." He cut himself off before he could say another word that might give away the surprise, and I found myself rolling my eyes yet again. "I can tell you now however, we're in Manchester."

I stepped out the car as soon as he did, and stretched my arms out and bent my legs back and forward. Sleeping in a position like that with lanky legs was not a good a idea.

He locked the car and hid away the keys inside his blazer pocket, and then laced my hands with his. I was grinning the whole way out of the car park, and the only reason I stopped was when I saw a banqueting hall down a smaller road right opposite us, with men and women queuing outside in lavish suits and dresses. You could hear their posh laughs from here, even with the busy road between us.

"We're going there?"

"Yep." He grinned. "I'll explain once we're queued."