Chapter Three - The Poker Game

Start from the beginning

Luca got up and went to leave, but Siobhan spoke.

"She's not a toy Luca, don't think you can play around with her." She warned Luca shook his head before he left the office.

He knew he would have to find out about her himself.

Hayley wasn't overly keen on working the day shift, but it was an extra shift, so she wasn't going to grumble too much

Hayley wasn't overly keen on working the day shift, but it was an extra shift, so she wasn't going to grumble too much. The club was always quieter through the day, there were fewer feather girls around. There was nobody on the podiums, just the floating girls, and the ones taking turns on the main stage.

She had tried to forget everything that happened the night before. She didn't want to be reminded of how weak she had been and how Luca Marcello saved her. She was not an idiot, she knew who he was, they all knew and Luca Marcello was someone she had to remain at arm's length from.

But, he did have her knife which she was determined to get back.

"Hayley!" Georgia a young girl came up to her. "I'm taking over so you can take your break." Hayley was relieved as she thanked Georgia and went out to the back area, as usual, the back door was open, and she went outside for a bit of fresh air.

"Who did you piss off to get the day shift!" A voice called out as she noticed two men approach her.

The guy who spoke had a cheeky grin, hazel eyes and she remembered he was called Frankie.

Behind him was Luca, her stomach dropped as she remembered the truth he told her the other night. Frankie approached her first.

"I needed extra cash, so I picked up an extra day shift or two." She explained, and Luca approached, his dark eyes caught hers.

"There are other ways for a Venetian girl to earn money." He raised an eyebrow. She felt her stomach drop.

"You'll never see me with a feather." She huffed, she wouldn't sell herself for cash, she wasn't like Arianna or even Ava, she just wouldn't.

Luca laughed and shook his head. As much as her having a feather would make things easier he had a better idea, a one where little miss no feather, could make money with her clothes on.

"I didn't mean that, but that is a good way." He chuckled, Hayley felt herself blushing under her mask, but she tried to compose herself. Luca could tell she was flushed as he spoke, and it made the devil in him smirk with glee.

"I am having a little game of poker with an associate in meeting room one, I need a waitress. The extra cash will be added to your pay and any tips you make are yours obviously."

Hayley couldn't afford to say no to the extra money, in fact, she was the girl in the Venetian to make the least amount of money since she wouldn't sleep with anyone. So this was her chance to make that money back.

"I'll let Siobhan know I'm using you, and Frankie will explain everything in the meeting room."

Hayley watched as Luca walked away leaving her with Frankie.