Chapter One- Not Another Girl

*Please note speech in  Bold italics is spoken in Russian*

"I'm not here for your entertainment, You don't really wanna mess with me tonight"

- U & Ur Hand – Pink.

The Venetian Lounge was an elite club in the underworld of New York City

The Venetian Lounge was an elite club in the underworld of New York City. The drinks were expensive, the feather girls were available at a price and it was the safest place for Hayley.

Hayley wasn't a feather girl, nor did she wish to be. Although, she couldn't help but envy them. They were confident, gorgeous and had the men worshipping their feet.

Hayley was a bar girl. She worked at one of the four-round bars in the underground club, she worked alongside Ben, her friend and flatmate. He was funny and smart and they got on well, which was a relief.

In the centre of the circle bar on a podium was her other friend Ava. Ava well, she was a feather girl and she was proud of her title. Hayley envied her beautiful blonde friend, but she couldn't do what she did.

Hayley admired how Ava could dance and flirt with all the men in this place, she admired how confident and open about this world she was. A small part of Hayley wished she could be more like Ava.

"Another vodka, please pretty one." Dimitri was a regular prop at her bar, he was a friend of the owner and he was Russian.

When she heard he was Russian it made her nervous and wary. However, she soon learnt he was running just as much as she was, Dimitri was a silent man but he gave Hayley some comfort that it wasn't just her hiding away.

"Anything for you Dimitri." She replied in perfect Russian for the first time, it made his eyes widen as she placed the vodka in front of him. She laughed at his expression.

"You speak perfect Russian, for a sweet English girl," he complimented her, as she took the money from him. "Keep the change."

She placed the tip in the jar, she and Ben would share later.

"Where did you learn Russian?" Dimitri asked her as she leaned across the bar so she was close to him, she was sure he was perving down her at her cleavage that poked above her deep purple corset.

"I went to a catholic all-girls boarding school, I learnt a lot of things there." Her lips curled into a smirk as she winked, making him chuckle. Dimitri had liked this girl, she was spunky, sexy and she was easy to chat with.

"One day you will wear a feather and I shall insist you wear a school uniform." He teased and she laughed and leaned across the bar again and spoke low to him with a wicked smile.