Chapter Two || My Name is Sleepy Ash

Start from the beginning

The man looked at him with a bored expression on his face. He wasn't keen on dealing with people, especially ones that nag. Unfortunately, for some reason, he felt himself strangely drawn to this person, who he'd guessed was royalty since he lived in this castle. Sighing, he grumbled. "What a pain." Meeting Mahiru's gaze, the man continued.

"Look, I'm not a thief and I didn't break into your castle. I'm-"

"Mahiru-sama, I heard you were back from Lily-kun. Please let me in. If you don't, it will be a problem." Mahiru eyes darted to the door in confusion. Her words sounded... threatening. Even the stranger in his room didn't like it, Mahiru could see it on his face. Mahiru bit his lip, hesitating. He needed to do something quickly or else-

Poof! A puff of smoke appeared and dissipated within an instant revealing the tiny cat that he had rescued from the village alley. K-Kuro? He thought, in utter perplexity. "Y-You're-You're a-a-"

"Mahiru-sama?"

With a frustrated groan, he picked up Kuro and placed him on his pillow, putting a blanket over him before swiftly walking to the door, opening it. "You can come in now Hanae." A short light purple haired woman who appeared twenty peered into the room as she slowly walked in.

"I was looking for my mop." She mentioned, but glanced around the room slowly, as if surveying it. She quickly regained her composure, walking over to the mop and picking it up. "Thank you for coming back, Mahiru-sama." She bowed politely and quietly left the room.

"She's weird. I'd be careful around her." A lazy, high-pitched voice spoke up after Hanae was out of sight and earshot. Mahiru turned to see the kitten peeking out from underneath the small blanket. He blinked, perplexed, wondering if his hearing was acting up.

"What?"

"I'd be careful around her," The cat spoke, mouth moving, paw pointing at the door Hanae went through. "She's weird." Mahiru looked at the place where Hanae had been standing, wordlessly agreeing with Kuro...? Should he even call him that?

"Who? Hanae? She's perfectly harmless. She's with the Alicein Family, but she helps out around the castle as well." The cat nodded slowly. He didn't trust that Hanae girl, but he honestly didn't know why he was helping this person of royalty when he was so rude.

"Ah whatever, take my advice or don't, I don't care. You're such a pain anyway." The cat suddenly transformed back into a human, his voice suddenly becoming low and monotonous. Mahiru jumped at the sudden change, but his eyes remained glued to the figure standing in front of him. Shoulder length blue hair. Half lidded, bored red eyes with deep bags underneath them. A blue cloak a tad darkerf than his hair with black fur and cat ears around the lining of the hood. On wwwwwwwWthe bottom of the cloak, he had it cut in A each strip of material. Mahiru wondered why he had a cloak made like that when he could just have a simple cloak.

Mahiru swwhook his head, shoving the thought away and straightening himself. "I don't think she's a bad person." He replied. The stranger shrugged.

"What a pain, you're too trusting."

"I don't necessarily trust you. I don't even know you." Mahiru huffed. "One minute you're a cat, the next you're a human..." Just mentioning that made him wonder. "What are you? A shapeshifter? I heard those things were dangerous."

"I'm not a shapeshifter. I'm a..." He hesitated, looking to the side and mumbled, "A mage. What I used just now was transformation magic." Mahiru's eyes widened in disbelief. He's a mage?

"So, you perform magic?" The mage as he referred himself as, changed his form again back into a cat, causing Mahiru to jump once again.

"And I'm a cat. Look at me as I roll around and show off my cuteness." Mahiru snorted. You're not cute.