Chapter 9

I look down at my new timetable and grin. At the end of last year, we had to choose what extra subjects we wanted to study; I'd chosen arithmancy, care of magical creatures, Muggle studies, and the study of ancient runes. First up today, for me, was muggle studies and arithmancy. "Nice" I grin, excited that I'd have a chance to use the time turner today.

I'd thought it out, instead of finishing one lesson and then going back to do the other, I'd do the entire school day and then go back. My clashing lessons were first period so that would give me the rest of the day to get through any homework we'd been given. All I had to do was stay out of the way of everyone and all will be fine.

"What?" Asks Fred, peering over at my timetable. "You're taking muggle studies; why?"

Shrugging, I say, "it'll open up more career opportunities for me."

"But it'll be a walk in the park for you" Ron points out, inviting himself into our conversation. "You went to muggle school."

"Hermione's parents are muggles and she's taking the subject too" I reply.

"Hermione's taking everything." Ron rolls his eyes.

"So am I, besides divination" I tell him.

Fred peers down at my timetable again and notices my first period clash. "How are you going to take both classes?" He asks.

I grimace. I'd promised not to tell anyone, that included Fred, but I hated lying to him. "The same way as Hermione" I tell him casually, ignoring Hermione's warning glare. "We're alternating which classes we want to take but we make up for what we miss in homework; McGonagall is confident that we can handle a partial self-educated class."

"Makes sense" he nods, looking as though he didn't understand at all.

"So, are you taking divination with Harry and Ron, today, or are you coming to muggle studies with me?" I ask her.

"You're not taking Arithmancy today?" She asks.

"I'm saving that for the second turn" I say, knowing that nobody but she would understand what I meant.

"I'll see you there" she smiles "I'm doing divination first."

"Divination" I snort "have fun with that." I look back at my timetable to see when our first defence class was; I was eager to find out what Lupin's teaching methods would be like. After Quirrell and Lockhart, we were in dire need of someone decent, but was disappointed to find that we didn't have him until Thursday.

"We're going to have to get going" Harry sighs, downing the rest of his pumpkin juice. He burps loudly, wipes his mouth and then says, "it'll take us a good ten minutes to get up there."

Hermione nodded in agreement, pushing her bowl of half eaten porridge away from her. "Good point, come on, Ron."

Groaning, Ron shoved the rest of his sausage into his mouth and waved a goodbye before getting up from the table and following Harry and Hermione out of the hall. "Didn't fancy divination then?" Fred asks, grinning.

"No, I did not" I reply, thankful that I still had ten minutes to finish my own plate of sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and hash browns.

Fifteen minutes later, Hermione dropped into the seat beside me, in Muggle Studies, and huffed. "Divination is a complete waste of time!"

"I told you that when you wrote it down" I remind her.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to see for myself."