Chapter 1

Sorry for the long wait; been insanely busy lately! 

Really hope that I don't disappoint and I will endeavor to try and not make you wait too long between uploads.

Don't worry though, I will always let you know if I've decided to take a break so, if you don't hear from me, this series is still ongoing!!

Just a crazy little chapter to get us started.

R&R

xx

"So how do I turn it on?" Fred asks as he holds the remote to my television and stares at it as though it's the weirdest thing he's ever seen. "Is it like a wand or something?"

"No" I laugh "see the red button at the top? You press it."

Fred presses the red button and then cheers when the TV clicks on. "How strange!" He laughs.

I grin at him before getting up off the bed "I'll go and get us some snacks, you choose something to watch."

Since the last school term, dad had been nicer to me than he had ever been; I think the idea of actually losing me scared him something silly. I still had to beg him to let Fred come and visit though, despite the fact that I hadn't heard from him much because he'd been in Egypt, but, despite saying that he trusted me, I still found him lingering outside my bedroom door. "What's he turning on?" He asks as soon as the door shut "what's strange? What did-"

"Dad" I say, taking his arm and towing him downstairs with me "I was showing him how to use my television."

Dad grimaced; the television was another thing I had to beg for. He didn't understand muggle objects and, despite me showing him how it worked, he was still dubious of it. "Television" he grunts.

"Look, dad, you can trust Fred; we're just watching TV and it's strictly PG13...considering that I am thirteen."

"What's PG13?"

When we finally reach the kitchen, I grab a bottle of Dr Pepper and a bag of crisps I'd gotten earlier. "I love you, dad" I sigh as I prepare to head back up "but that doesn't mean that I won't make your life hell if you don't start trusting me with Fred." I raise my eyebrows at him before leaving him in the kitchen.

"What's that?" Fred asks, pointing to the bottle of pop

"The next best thing to Butterbeer" I grin, pouring some into two glasses and handing him one. "Did you choose something to watch?"

He shook his head "I thought that we could play a game or something."

"The TV freaking you out?" I ask, grinning.

"I don't understand how something can work without magic" he shrugs.

I laugh, shaking my head and then frown when I hear someone knocking on the front door. As far as I was aware, dad wasn't expecting anyone; if he was, he'd never had allowed Fred to come over and probably would have shipped me off to the Burrow or something. "I wonder who that is" I say out loud as I try to listen but couldn't hear anything more than my dad's voice.

"Maybe Harry's decided to pay you a visit" Fred said, smirking a little.

"As if" I roll my eyes "he doesn't even know where I live and, anyway, he's still not talking to me." We were four weeks into the holidays and Harry hadn't replied to any of the letters that I'd sent him. It was starting to get on my nerves, especially as I knew that he'd written to Ron and Hermione.

"Hey" Fred said softly, taking my hand and squeezing it "whatever the issue is, it's Harry's problem and not yours; it's not as if you lead him on or anything."

"I know" I sigh "I just don't like how things are with him at the moment." Then, before I could say another word, my bedroom door burst open and my dad was stood in the doorway looking at Fred's hand which was still wrapped around mine. "Yes?" I ask, my eyebrows raised. I felt Fred try to let go of me but I tightened my grip. I wasn't about to let dad intimidate him.

"Mr Weasley" he says slowly "would you mind excusing Lilliana for a moment?"

"Uh...no?" Replied Fred.

I sigh heavily and let go of him "back in a minute" and I get up off the bed and follow dad into his bedroom where I sit on his bed. "Last I heard, holding hands wasn't illegal" I tell him.

"This isn't about you and the boy" I'm told. "Lilly" he sighs "I'm afraid to tell you that I'm going to have to send you away until term resumes; I was thinking that I could book you a room in the Leaky Cauldron."

"What? Why?" I frown

"You know that I can't discuss certain matters with you" dad tells me, sitting down beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders "I wish that I could but I would never put you in that kind of danger."

"Is it 'you know who' business?" He nods mutely "good side or bad side?"

"This is nothing to do with Dumbledore" he replies.

"So the visitor at the door..."

"Is no one you need to concern yourself with. I'm sorry, Lilly; I was hoping to have the summer with you but-"

I shake my head "that's ok, dad, it's beyond your control. When do I have to go?"

"Tomorrow" he sighs "I'll send you with enough money to purchase your school things and I'll even allow Weasley to stay with you; I don't want you wandering outside muggle London, Lilliana, do you understand?"

"So, if I promise to stay around Diagon Alley, Fred gets to stay with me?" He nods but looks as though he's already regretting it "then I promise."

After talking to me, dad walked me back to my bedroom. Fred was still sitting on the bed but, apparently, he hadn't been idle. He had something stuck up his nose; it was white, like cotton, with string hanging from it. "Hey, what are these for?" He asks so innocently that I let out such a loud, unattractive, snort that both he and dad stared at me in confusion. I knew what it was of course, Fred must have found my emergency stash of Tampons and hadn't bothered to read the box. "What?" He asks, looking genuinely confused which caused me to break completely and began I laughing so hard that my knees gave way and I collapsed to the floor barely able to breathe.

I'd started my period last year and, though dad knew, I hadn't bothered to inform him every month or asked for products. I had enough of my own money to be able to provide for myself so it didn't come as a shock to find out just how uneducated he was when it came to it. Though I was sure he knew what a tampon was seeing as he gave me a box of them the very first time.

"That is a tampon, Mr Weasley" my father states, sounding very unimpressed but I could tell that he was biting back a little smile.

Oh, he did know. I guess he was just wondering why Fred had one up his nose.

"For nosebleeds, right?" Fred asks, fiddling with the string.

"No" dad replies slowly "I assume that you are familiar with-"

"Dad!" I stop him, only just able to speak "don't worry, I'll explain it to him." I get up off the floor, avoiding looking at Fred because I knew that it would only set me off again.

Dad looks at me with raised eyebrows before sighing "remember what I said, Lilliana" and then leaving the two of us together.

"So, if these aren't for nosebleeds, what are they for?"

I grin at the open door before reaching for the handle. "Oh, Fred, you're really going to wish you hadn't snooped when I tell you what they're for" I reply as I push the door shut.

}D>@