Chapter 8

Eight is up and I'm working on nine. Hopefully won't keep you guys waiting for too long!

Benny 

xx

We still felt a little edgy, even as we stepped off the train and onto the Hogsmeade platform. This was the first time, since starting at Hogwarts, that I was sincerely glad to be off the train.

McGonagall snagged Harry and Hermione as we were walking toward the Great Hall, so I, along with Ron and Fred, traipsed in without them and found seats. "Wonder what McGonagall wants" Ron wondered out loud as we sat down.

"No idea" I mutter, "maybe she wants to know about what happened on the train."

"Lilliana?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see dad standing directly behind me "a word?" He didn't look worried or anything like that, no, he looked beyond angry that it startled me a little.

"Sure" I say before turning to look at my friends in confusion. "Do you guys have any idea what I did?" I ask quietly, getting up from the table.

"Not a clue" Fred replies "I'll save your seat."

"Cheers" I sigh and then start to follow dad out of the hall. He hadn't waited for me, he'd just assumed that I'd follow.

He didn't stop until we reached the staffroom. "In" he orders, opening the door and holding it open for me. Neither of us speak until the door is shut and we're both sat down fairly comfortably. "Dementors!" He shouts, slamming his fist down on the coffee table.

I didn't understand this reaction; he was acting as though everything that happened on the train was because of me. "Chill, dad" I say, frowning at him, "what the hell?"

"Lilly" he growls "I just want you to understand that, though it may seem like it, I am not angry at you; I've only just been informed on what happened on the train and I'm angry that it happened."

"Clearly" I roll my eyes.

"I've also just been informed that there will be dementors stationed around Hogwarts until Black is found." Dad stares at me furiously. "Lilliana, I know what you're like, I do not want you roaming around the school grounds when there is no need for it."

"Ok" I nod "I promise I won't. Can we get back to the feast now?"

He pauses for a moment, his nostrils flaring as he breathed through his nose rather than his mouth. "No" he says, sounding a lot calmer than he had been ten seconds ago. "Minerva wants me to give you this" he reaches into his robes and pulls out a very long gold chain with a sparkling hour glass attached to it.

"I mark the hours, every one, nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use and value, unto you, are gauged by what you have to do." I read out loud "a time turner?"

Dad nods "you have two more classes than what your normal schedule will allow. Minerva wrote to the ministry, asking for two time turners; she explained that the students they would be going to are very smart and sensible and won't use them for anything other than attending class." He raises his eyebrows at me "do you understand what I'm saying?"

"You're telling me to be responsible with the time turner" I nod. "You said two; who has the other one?"

"Granger chose to do all of the selected subjects."

Rolling my eyes, I sigh "of course she did."

He leans forward and places the chain around my neck. "To go back, you turn the hour glass once for every hour; do you understand?" I nod. "Good, and you're not to tell anyone" he states "apart from Granger. Minerva is telling her everything I've just told you."