Chapter 28: The Kiss

ZACH

I wake up nuzzled into Jack's chest. It's pretty early and everyone just crashed last night. I squeeze myself out of Jack's tight grip and throw on a sweatshirt and head downstairs. Surprisingly Jonah is awake and making breakfast. "Someone's in a good mood." I giggle. He nods and throws a smile in my direction before turning back towards the stove and continuing to make eggs. "Want some?" He asks. "Nah, I'm good." I respond walking towards the fridge, opening it and grabbing the milk. "Cereal like always?" He chuckles. "Yup!" I beam. he just shakes his head as he hands me the cereal and a bowl. I make the cereal and start chowing down. Corbyn stops midway on the stairs while he was coming down and shouts, "JONAH WE SHOULD MAKE PANCAKES!" "YEAH!" He shouts back. They both start rushing around the kitchen, grabbing bowls, flour, eggs, sugar, milk, butter, salt (yes salt 😂) and everything else. Seeing them rushing around made me chuckle a little. I feel warm hands wrap around my torso which made me flinch. "Hey." Jack smiles. "Hey.." My smile fades as i recollect what happened the night before. Life sucks. I put my hand over his and lift them off of me, getting out of my seat to put my bowl in the sink. He puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you ok?" He asks. I nod and head towards the couch. He follows after me, determined to get an answer. "I know something's wrong. Just tell me." He huffs. I turn away, avoiding his question. "Zach?" He asks again. I continue to ignore him. "Zach!" He yells softly. I flinch at his angry words and run upstairs.

JACK
Stupid, stupid, stupid! I forgot that I can't raise my voice around him. Ugh! I'm such a bad friend! I rush after him as he runs upstairs. He slams the door shut. I open the door and see him silently crying in our bed. I don't say anything and just sit down. I grab his arm but not hard so he knows it's me. "Zach, I'm sorry." I apologized. He wipes his tears but they slowly kept coming back. "I-I just never h-heard you yell at me." He stuttered. I sit him up and snuggle him into my chest. "I know. And I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you. I always worry about you." I respond. He nods his head and doesn't move from his position. I lift his head up by his chin and make him face me. I cup his face his my hands and wipe his tears with my thumbs. He laughs a little as he is very ticklish. "There's that laugh I know and love." I smile. I kiss his forehead and lay him back down. Before I let go of him I take the chance and kiss him. His eyes go wide but he soon gives in. I release the kiss and he just blushed very red. I blush bright pink and turn my head. That was nice. Who knew that his lips were that soft. I internally scream at my brain for a minute before turning back towards Zach. He gives me a hug and smiles while leaving the room.

ZACH
Oh my goodness he kissed me. On. The. Lips. Ahhhh! I have wanted this moment for so long! That was a moment I will cherish forever. I wanted to kiss him again but you know, probably shouldn't push it. I walked down the stairs with a giant smile on my face and headed towards the kitchen just before Jonah shouted that the pancakes were ready. I grabbed the syrup and strawberries and put both on my pancakes, nomming on them right when the syrup finished dripping. Jack came down smiling as well and followed my actions, sliding into a chair next to me. My cheeks flush a darker shade of pink but continue to eat. Today was good. And I hope it stays that way for a while.

A/N: HI! Sorry for posting late I just got distracted because I'm in a new group chat with some Wattpad friends. Anyways, enjoy the first ever Kissing on lip Jachary. ❤️