Chapter 10: Crush

JACK
I tried getting ahold of Zach but I guess his phone was off. Me and the boys were outside the airport, waiting for our Uber. I saw Zach outside with his mom and siblings, pulling her into a hug and smiling a little before the Uber came and they left. Our SUV pulled up and we climbed in. I sat in the middle with Corbyn next to me and Daniel and Jonah in the back. I fiddled my thumbs thinking about the rosy cheeked boy. Was he alright? Why did he take a separate Uber? My thoughts were interrupted by Corbyn poking me. I turn my head. "Dude, I've been calling your name for the past 2 minutes. What were you thinking about?" He asks. "N-nothing" I respond. He wouldn't understand. He nudged me. "Were you thinking about Zaaaaaaaaaaach?" He says emphasizing Zach. "Yes but not in that way. I'm just weirded out about why he would take a separate Uber from us." I say shakily. "Did you not see the text? He said that Reese and Ryan were tired and to be honest, we're pretty loud sometimes, so I understand why he's taking a separate Uber." He acknowledges the group message. "I guess you're right, but still. I've still have to protect him. He's my best friend. I can't let anything happen to him." I mumbled. He rolls his eyes and chuckles at the last part. "So you do like him." He chuckles. "W-what!" I blush and get flustered at the idea. Do I really? "Haha! There's my proof. You're lucky Daniel and Jonah are asleep or they would be all over you right now. Asking when this happened and if he liked you back or something." He laughs slightly with a warm-hearted smile. I roll my eyes and decide to try to text the boy.

BabyFace😂👶
Jack💙- Hey...
BabyFace😂👶- Hey.
Jack💙- So now you decide to respond.
BabyFace😂👶- hah very funny. I turned off my phone because I kept getting notifications and Reese and Ryan were flinching so.
Jack💙- Oh. No regret. They were probably from me.
BabyFace😂👶- 🙄
Jack💙-Haha, you love me.
BabyFace😂👶- Yea...
Jack💙-How are they doing?
BabyFace😂👶- it's kinda something I want to talk to you about in person.
Jack💙- Ok, of course. Also since we decided we are giving the extra room to your mom, Reese, and Ryan, you have to share a room with me while Christina and Corbyn share a room and Daniel and Jonah share the other.
BabyFace😂👶- Ok. I'll tell my mom.
Jack💙- Alright, see ya soon.
BabyFace😂👶- Yea, see ya.
This conversation has ended
I laughed a little at his response to my sarcastic comment. I looked out the window and the falling snow. Almost mesmerized by the glimmering of the snow when light hit it.

ZACH
It was a long car drive. Considering that it was snowing and there was traffic. "Hey mom? I'm sharing a room with Jack at the guest house so you, Reese, and Ryan get your own rooms." I said. "Alright sweetie. Don't get frisky." She says jokingly, letting a small laughter escape. I chuckle and smile at her laugh. I missed that laugh. Her laugh could top any laugh in the world. When she laughs, you know in genuine and not fake. Unlike some of my smiles. But when I'm with her, they are all genuine and real. I squeeze Reese's and Ryan's hands a little tighter and they snuggle closer to me. Gosh I love them. Jack was right, I guess I still don't know how I ended up with such a perfectly imperfect family. I love them with everything I got.

A/N: sorry for posting late again. I'll start trying to post during the day when I have free time. I promise they will get out of that car, 😂. Good night!😴🌙💤😘