Chapter 3: Sobs Upon Sobs

As I turned the corner I found Daniel and Jonah on the couch, kissing! At first I wanted to let them know I was here and pretend to clear my throat. But, I could just surprise him and tell him I saw them. Oh well. I went back upstairs to my room and played video games for awhile.

JACK
Oh shoot. I squint my eyes a little to make it seem as if I were still asleep. I look up and see Zach sleeping. Omg, I'm snuggling my best friend. What. Even. I felt a small pang in my stomach but pushed it away. As I kept looking at him, I started recollecting everything that happened, only being an hour ago. I started sniffling but as soon as I let a tear out, Zach's eyes shot open. Ugh, I forgot I was against his chest. I should probably move. Then again, he's keeping me warm so I kinda don't want to. I soon snap back to reality realizing Zach's looking at me. Is he saying something? I couldn't tell until I got out of my thoughts, realizing he was repeating my name. "Jack? Did you hear me?" He questioned me with a concerned look on his face. "Sorry, did you say something?" I ask trying to hide my puffy eyes. "I said, why are you crying?" He asked. He could tell I was about to burst into tears because he pulled me closer to his chest. "Please don't cry. Just tell me what's wrong" he said with a sniffle. "I-I just m-miss her." I small tear slid down my face as he looked at me and almost cried. He pulled me as close as he could to his chest, trying to muffle my cries.

ZACH
He still misses her. No surprise there. I was about to cry but he already was. I pulled as close as possible and tried to muffle his crying. My shirt was getting wet from all of the tears. I rubbed his head in condolence, trying to calm him. I guess he fell asleep again because I stopped hearing the silent crying and all of the sniffles. I tear fell from my eye, knowing he'll never be mine. I tried so much to hold back the tears that one too many fell from my eyes. I mean, before Mia and Jack started dating, we were good friends. She even knew I liked him. She betrayed me. But we were such good friends she told me everything about all the guys she dated, and how she held some to the side. I was heart broken at the person she became. I thought she would stop after she started dating Jack but it got worse. I guess she only did it to make me jealous and hurt me. At this point I was silently crying. Jack looked up at me and I quickly wiped my tears. He looked at me and I noticed his eyes were puffy and red. I tried to pretend I was sleeping but he didn't buy it. "Why are you crying?" He said but it was muffled because he was still pretty close to my chest. "It's nothing." I lied. I smiled at him reassuringly but he didn't buy it. "You're my best friend, I know when something's wrong." He scooted up so his face met mine. I was holding back so much tears that I just burst. He widened his eyes and rubbed the top of my head.

JACK
Why his he crying? Is it something I said? He started shouting. "SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND! SHE BETRAYED NOT ONLY ME, BUT MY OTHER BEST FRIEND! I..." his crying became louder and turned into sobs. I pulled him close to me. They were friends? Best friends? "What did she do besides break up with me?" I asked. "She dated someone I like. It didn't work out but it still hurts." He says sobbing. "Oh." I say blankly. "But the worst part is she was cheating on him. It's not the first time she had done that. Especially with other guys but it still hurts." His sobbing started to stop. Before he fell asleep I asked him one more thing. "Who was she dating that made get hurt?" But it was a little too late, he already fell asleep. Oh well, I'll ask him tomorrow.
A/N- hey guys! Sorry again for posting late. Stupid homework caught me up. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the story. Also comment to see if you think Jack will find out it's him in the next chapter. Love you all!