Chapter 30: Hurting

ZACH
I couldn't stop thinking about the way Jack had grabbed me. It made a small smile appear on my face as I thought about it. Maybe he is starting to, like me? Or maybe he's just confused. Maybe he's still straight. Maybe he thinks it's brotherly love. Well, a kiss on the lips isn't really brotherly love and when someone calls you, friends with benefits, then it might be more than brotherly love. Lord I've been rambling for a little that I didn't realize we were leaving. "C'mon Zach!" Jonah shouted. I groaned as I got up from my chair, slowly following the rest of the boys. The Uber pulled up to curb and we climbed into our normal spots. Jack pulled me towards him and wrapped an arm around me. I smiled with a light blush that appeared on my face. I was happy that we're heading home. I glanced at Jack to see him on his phone. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his phone. He chuckled and said, "does Zachy want attention?" I blush at the nickname and nod. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek. My cheeks grew darker as he just laughed. "You know you're my best friend, right?" He said with a slight tone as if it were a question. A frown grew on my face, 'best friends.' That's all we will ever be. "Yeah." I replied, trying not to sound mad. I got up from his embrace and sat normally, crossing my arms. "You ok?" He asked. I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile. "Yeah. I just got uncomfortable." I lied. "Ok." He replied. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly. "You sure?" He says. "Yeah." I respond. I huff softly as the car comes to a stop. He releases my hand as we get to the rental house. While everyone went to the living room, I went straight to my room. I shut the door and cried softly. I thought he had liked me. Oh boy was I wrong. As tears streamed down my face I headed towards the bathroom.

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING!⚠️
I grabbed the razor that was hidden in the bathroom. I brought it just in case my depression decided to act up again. I took the blade and cut for everything.
1. Jack doesn't love you. Cut
2. You're ugly. Cut
3. Horrible singer. Cut
4. My dad. Cut
5. The band would be better off without you. Cut
⚠️STOPS HERE⚠️
I saw the blood rush down my arm. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I grabbed bandages from a separate drawer. I covered them up and found a random sweatshirt. I heard the doorknob jiggle on the room door. I quickly put the razor away and wiped my tears. "Hey Zach, you ok?" I heard someone say. "Yeah." I replied, coming out of the bathroom only to see Jonah standing there. "No you're not." He quickly says. "What, what makes you think that?" I stutter. "I heard your crying when I came in." "Oh." "Be honest with me, are you really ok?" He asks. Tears flow down my cheeks as I shake my head no. He pulls me into a tight hub and rubs my back. "Please don't cry." He whispers. I wipe my tears and break from his embrace. "Was it, was it Jack?" He asks. "Not directly..." I lied. "I know when you're lying." He says. "Kind of. Just, after what happened earlier, I thought, I thought that he liked me. And oh boy was I wrong. I should've prepared for the worse. He's not even gay or bi. Why would I ever think that he would like me." I respond, trying to keep myself from yelling. "Oh." He says blankly. "Look, if you ever want to talk, I'm always here." He smiles. I smile weakly and nod. "If Jack doesn't love you, it doesn't mean no one will." Jonah says, getting up from the bed. "Sleep on it." He says, shutting off my lights while walking out.

JONAH
I knew it. I knew something happened. "JACK ROBERT AVERY!" I shouted. He turned his head and widened his eyes. "Follow me, now." I said sternly. He scrambled from the couch and quickly followed me up that stairs. I lead him into my room and shut the door. "What did you do?" I asked. "W-What?" He questioned. "Why was Zach crying?" I asked again. "I don't, I don't know." He stuttered. "What did you do before we came home?" I asked this time a little more calm. "Zach and I just talked." He responded. "What did you talk about?" I asked. "I just asked if he knew that we were best friends- " "YOU WHAT!" I shouted. He winced at my loud voice. "WHAT THE HECK! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT BOY LOVES YOU? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COULD BREAK A PERSON?" I shouted once more. He looked down at his feet and shook his head. "NO. NO YOU DONT. IM SORRY JACK BUT YOU CANT KISS A PERSON, MORE THAN ONCE, AND THEN JUST CALL THEM YOUR FRIEND. THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS!" I shouted once more before leaving. "I dont know who you are Jack. The Jack I knew wouldn't do that." I stormed off and walked back downstairs. "Hey Jo, you ok?" Dani asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." I lied, giving him a short peck on the cheek. Corbyn looked at me and I mouthed, I'm fine. He nodded and went back on his phone. Jack is gonna hurt that boy.
A/N: GUYS PLEASE DONT KILL ME IM SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING. MY PHONE GOT TOKEN AWAY AND I COULDNT WRITE AND IM SO SO SO SORRY! IM SUCH A BAD PERSON BUT PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Also this chapter sucks lol.
❤️