Lindsey and Stevie smiled at each other. "I guess it is our first, isn't it, Linds?"

"It sure is. I think I'm going to wear one of my new shirts. It's still fresh."

"You're going to look so handsome, but then again, when don't you?"

"Barf! Can you guys take that somewhere else?" Chris asked, pilfering another piece of bacon. Stevie smacked his hand and he looked like a wounded pup.
"Sara, your mother is mean. You love me right?" He asked his niece, giving her a small fist bump as her fist was clenched
Stevie shook her head and gave in. "Yes, of course she loves you."

"It's because I'm the cool uncle. I can wind her up with candy and junk then send her back to you and Linds. Ahhh good times." Chris fantasized and Stevie chuckled.

"Fat chance. Looks like you will never be babysitting."
"I wouldn't trust myself either," Chris agreed

"Steph, you ready?" Lindsey asked as he had changed into his shirt
"Sure thing, honey. Will you grab the diaper bag?"

"Of course." He kissed her head and went back upstairs.
Lindsey walked to his parents house, happily sporting Stevie on his arm as she had the baby in her arms.
His mother greeted all three of them warmly, Ruth complimenting how well Stevie looked. Sara was getting big fast and she cooed at the beautiful baby over Stevie's shoulder. Lindsey watched on proudly, his father filling the commotion into the front room.

"Ruth, let the kids in before you smother them in affection."

She was just too excited, closing the door and welcoming them into the Buckingham home.

"You look good son." Morris told Lindsey. "How's fatherhood treating you?"
"It's amazing...Sara is so good. She hardly cries and she's always happy...." Lindsey realized he was starting to gush like Stevie would. Morris clapped his son on the shoulder. He seemed to stand a little straighter, looking taller than normal. The older man smiled. His son was proud and it showed in his every movement. His shoulders didn't slump and he didn't want to be invisible anymore. He was becoming a man.

"And Lindsey is such an incredible father and a wonderful partner. Sara and I are so blessed." Stevie said, speaking to Ruth. "He's taking such good care of us. I can't believe how lucky I was to get to know him and fall so head over heels in love with him." Lindsey's chest swelled, hearing such compliments. He loved her just as much and he too felt lucky to know and become a family with Stevie.

"You two look so happy together and it shows in Sara. May I hold her?" Ruth asked.
"Of course!" Stevie passed the baby over to her grandmother, Sara held Ruth's finger in her hand. Staring up with her bright blue eyes.

"Hello, sweet Sara!" Ruth cooed, kissing the baby's head. Everyone turned as they heard a clatter coming down the stairs, Jeff and Greg making themselves known
"Hey little bro!" Jeff pat Lindsey's back a little too hard but for the first time, it didn't nearly knock him over. He was impressed.

"Did you bring the baby?" Greg asked.

"We did but you guys are like two bulls in a china shop. Be careful with my little girl." Lindsey warned. His voice was stern and unwavering.
"Damn, Linds! Someone grew a pair!" Jeff nudged his brother, Greg chuckled as well

"I know you two...you won't be careful with her."
"Come on, let me hold my niece." Greg urged.

Lindsey eyes them suspiciously. "She's a baby, she's not sturdy enough to handle you guys. Let mom hold her and you can look at her."

"No fair. I swear, I will be careful, pretend she's made of glass."

"Pretend she's made out of the finest crystal and I might think about it."