Chapter 13: Master Plan

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, a baby.. that won't get off your damn titty, " I said. " Ooooh I can't stand you" she scoffed.

Josie

I walked into the locker room getting dues from everyone. Surprisingly no one said anything to me but I did notice a few dancers in the back of the room snorting up shit. I grabbed all the dues walking past the room. I then saw Kamaya pass one of the dancers something like it was nothing. Did I just see what I think I saw?

"Damn girl, what you looking at? Kamaya spoke. I rolled my eyes "I can't look? I asked. "Not when you staring, carry on, " she said. "Whatever.... bye, " I said walking away. " Bye, " she said back "Fucking bitch" I mumbled. I couldn't believe I asked her to watch my son. I thought that was our come together moment but no she's still a bitch.

Before I could get situated it was time for this meeting that I got kicked out of the first time.I walked behind Ricky and Dreux scrolling through an email. His father turned around with bloodshot eyes. "I just wanted an update on the event, " he said.

"Is the paperwork finally established little girl? He asked. I looked through my phone reading an open house interview for the fashion school I wanted to attend. "Josie" Ricky called. I snapped out of it placing my phone in my back pocket. "The hell is wrong with you, pay fucking attention" he mumbled gritting his teeth.

"Oh, I'm I was um just finished reading an email, " I said nervously.

"You do that on your time... but I said did you finally finish those papers little girl" he spat. My eyes widened, and I felt my chest tighten up. I didn't know how to respond but his dad was very intimidating. Ricky had his father's mannerisms down pack. I nodded.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what that is, " he said. I looked over at Ricky and he scratched the side of his head. " Yes, " I answered. "Next time when I ask you to do something, you have that shit fucking done pronto" he warned lighting a cigar. I was embarrassed and felt so belittled. Ricky was right, his father is 10x worse.

"Don't make me repeat myself.... Now we're behind" he said. "Okay Dad, some shit came up" Dreux chimed in rolling his eyes. "She can't speak? He asked. "Oh my god, are we spending the whole time talking about her situation or are we going to get to it" Kamaya crossed her arms. I was stuck, I just didn't want to say anything. If I defend myself and explain everything I'll be shut down.

"Shut up Maya and Dreux you too" he spat. "I'm just saying you do too much sometimes old man, " Dreux said. I noticed Grant was more lenient with him. Dreux always talked shit to Grant from the two times that I saw them interact then I forgot he's the oldest.

"My apologies, " I said trying to kill the tension. He stroked his beard. "Ricky, what kind of woman did you hire? He asked. I felt my heart drop, damn was this whole family going to hold this over my head. I wanted to walk out so bad but I was going to catch the wrath from Ricky if I leave.

"Let's just get to the meeting, " Ricky said changing the subject.

"We'll have the Gala at Briza its lots of space, " he said. I quickly jotted it down

"Caters? Orchestra? He asked

"Only the finest, this week we're having a toy drive at Miami Hospital, Nicklaus, Holtz, Mount Sinai, Mercy, and South Miami" he explained. "Throw an event for that as well, that will get some news reporters there we'll tell them about the Gala then we should be back in the good graces of the community"

"Alright that sounds like a plan, Kamaya I'll need you to promote that through your little agency " he said. " Ooooo how about we throw a fashion show as well. Proceeds can go to kids with cancer" she said. '