Prologue: A Sun in the Storm

Friendly reminder: This book hasn't been edited and English is my second language.

-----------

9 February 2002, 9 pm

Lily Williams' POV (Bianca's Mom)

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Passing through numerous closed white doors, I could hear my heels tapping against the hospital's floor clearly. I was still dressed in my work attire, looking like a mad woman running in the corridor at this hour. My eyes caught some pairs of eye stealing a glance on me, wondering what really happened to me. But, I wasn't in the mood to care about them. In fact, I even had no power to stare back at them nor titling my face at any other direction. All I had in mind was finding the ER.

Every step I made was like a shattering glass in my heart. It hurt so bad.  Trying hard to keep my tears from escaping, I held my children's hands tighter. Today was also a hard day for them. Their smiles were fading and no words were spoken as tears fell from their beautiful tiny eyes. These children needed their mom to be strong. Keep your chin up, Lily.

Getting closer to the room, I saw our driver, Bob, was sitting in the bench outside the room.

"Mrs. Williams," Bob stood up and greeted me.

"How is my husband, Bob?"

"Mr. Williams is still unconscious, Ma'am. The doctor said he's very tired and depressed."

A tear finally broke as I hugged my children. Our family had been facing terrible financial problems for the past two weeks. My husband's right hand, Oscar Taner, committed frauds which left us in debt with our investors. Obviously, Oscar ran away from what he had done. His behaviour left him being the Bastard of the Year. Now, my husband had to cover the debt to our investors, or Will Ceramics Corp. would be bankrupt. For that reason, he worked his butt off to save the company. Just like an overwork machine, his body couldn't handle the stress and pressure he bore then forcefully rested itself.

"Bob, please take the kids to eat. They haven't had their dinner yet." I looked at the kids who directly frowned at me.

"Okay, Ma'am." He said, starting to walk near my daughter. However, before he could take her hand, she started whining.

"No, Mom... We want to wait for Dad." Bianca pulled my hand down as she cried for her Dad.

I got on my knees to see her expression closer. "Dad will be okay, honey. You don't want him to be worried, right?"

"Yeah. But, I wanna see Dad." A frown was visible in her mouth.

"Bianca, do you remember what Dad says about not skipping meal?"

"Yes, Mommy. I'll go with Uncle Bob." She directly nodded and ran to Bob.

"Mom... Can I just ask Uncle Bob to take my dinner here?" Clinton, my oldest, begged me to stay and have the dinner here.

"No, Clinton. You need to come with Uncle Bob and Bianca. I promise, you can come back here after the dinner." I offered him a pinky promise.

A smile was seen in his face as he held my pinky promise back. "I'll be quick, Mom."

"Okay, honey. Eat a lot and don't rush, okay?"

"I know, Mom." He held his sister's hand before turning to Bob. "C'mon Uncle Bob."

As the three disappeared, I sat back and waited for the doctor to come out. I wanted to see my husband but they forbid anyone to come in. Suddenly, my phone rang.