Ch 7: Cabins

Liz drove while the girls sat down and talked. Stella was on the passenger seat, next to Liz. "Where did you get the van anyway Liz? I don't remember you having a van." asked Adrianne, curious, and Liz bit her lip. "Well... I, um... got it last week, actually... "  Liz cleared her throat trying to get the lump to go away but it wouldn't. Adrianne tilted her head confused but she didn't ask any further.

"So... What's your plan, guys?" asked Liz, looking at the road ahead. "We want to get as far way as possible from this area." replied Stella, looking out at the window. "Oh! I was going to do the same thing actually, but I was afraid of going alone in the woods." added Liz. "Hey, Liz, what's this?" asked Adrianne holding up a bat with nails on it. "oooooh ha-ha you found that!" said Liz with an increased pitch.  "What? Do you think you're Steve from stranger things, Liz?"  Veronica chuckled at her own comment and Liz put on her dark sunglasses while driving. "Might as well, call me mom Steve." said Liz smiling with such confidence. The girls laughed and relaxed for a little.

"This feels like a summer trip." said Zoe and the girls sighed. "I would love to go to the beach right now." added Angela.  " I would love to go to the mall and shop in forever 21 ." replied Veronica. "I would love to go to an Evanescence concert to see Amy Lee one last time." Adrianne replied and Stella looked at them "I would love for a moment of silence." said Stella, covering her face with a hat. The girls laughed at Stella's response and Adrianne looked at Liz. "Hey Liz, what would you love to do right now?"  asked Adrianne, and Liz smiled a little. Liz replied, "I would just love to go to a time when there was no such thing as a zombie apocalypse and to just be a teenager again." and everyone got quiet. "Well... shit." said Veronica, twirling her wavy hair, trying to distract herself."

"Heyyy... um who wants to play-oh fuck it." Adrianne rolled her eyes and hugged her knees. The girls looked at each other and Liz felt bad for what she said. "I'm sorry..." Liz  whispered and Adrianne smiled sadly. "It's okay, I wish that too Liz, I really do."  Adrianne's voice broke and Stella looked at them both. She pleaded, "We all do, but we gotta stay strong. Stay strong for the group, okay? So keep your tears for something else, please." Both of them nodded. "What should we name our group?" asked Zoe curiously. Veronica chuckled and replied, "We need a name?" and Zoe pouted a little. "Yeah, come on it would be pretty cool."

"Hmmm... the pussy cats?" asked Veronica, and the other girls cringed at that. "Oh come on!" said Veronica and Angela giggled. "It has to be meaningful, at least in my opinion." she replied, and Adrianne thought really hard. "Hmm... Angela is right but it has to start with We..." Adrianne said, while rubbing her chin like she has an imaginary beard. "Why is that?" asked Zoe curiously looking at her.

" Well... We are a group, WE " Adrianne smiled and the girls shrugged. "But what else can we put in there?" asked Liz while driving. "Oh who could it be that would help with this stupid group name?" Stella got sarcastic crossing her arms and Adrianne gasped. "We who- now we need something else to finish it." Adrianne grinned. "Wait what? I was kidding, you know!"  Stella was startled that her sarcasm would have lead to that. Angela intervened. "LIVE"  Adrianne stood up and clapped, laughing. "YES YES YES! WE WHO LIVE!"  She shouted all happy. Liz was driving on a bumpy road which made the car get shaky and Adrianne fell back onto her seat. They all laughed at Adrianne's eureka moment. "Well girls, we have a group name that is badass as fuck!" Veronica grinned and the girls started to applaude.

"WE." Zoe put her hand out waiting for the other girls to join in. "WHO."  Angela put her hand out and so did Veronica.  "LIVE!" the girls shouted, Adrianne put her hand in and stared at Stella to do it too. She rolled her eyes and put her hand in too. "Hey guys, I wanna put my hand in too but I'm busy driving." added Liz and the girls chuckled. "It's fine Liz, don't worry about it." replied Adrianne smiling.