Chapter 4: The escape

We who live

They both ran fast as they heard the figure trying to push the door. Adrianne, Veronica, Angela, Stella and Zoe were all on the auditorium now, the blinds were open and all they saw was lonely red seats. There was two big doors that on the top said EXIT" What are we gonna do? " asked Zoe looking at them and she was shaking a little. Angela  rubbed Zoe's back. " Is okay Zoe, is going to be okay " The door to the auditorium made a loud bang, they reacted immediately and started running to the two doors. The girls split up, Adrianne and Zoe took the left door while Veronica, Angela and Stella took the right door. As soon as they opened the doors they saw chaos right before their eyes. The students were running and screaming everywhere around the cafeteria. The Trio has now become multiple. It was contiguous.

Stella saw a long steel bar next to the vending machine, she took the advantage and ran to it. The mysterious dark figures ran toward Stella, the girls screamed for her to run but Stella reacted immediately and she used the long steel bar as a weapon. With one hard hit, the figure fell and its leg fell off with it. The girls ran outside of the cafeteria, Adrianne saw the abandoned security car five feet away from them. Her face lit up with excitement. " Guys, guys Let's go to the security car !! " They all nodded and ran to the  car, they all hopped in and they saw no key to start the engine. " Oh no... " Angela said and Zoe started to tear up in fear of her life. Adrianne looked around on the floor. " Where the hell is the key? " She saw a small shiny thing on the grass. " Oh that must be the key, I got you guys! " she ran toward it but out of nowhere the mysterious dark figures appeared and started to run toward Adrianne. She picked up the key and started to run fast to the security car. " Come on, come on!!! " yelled the girls and Adrianne hopped in the passenger seat next to Veronica. Adrianne gave the key to Veronica so she can start the car. She started to speed up . " Okay, where the hell are we even going? " asked  Veronica while speeding to building 3 that lead off campus. " Perhaps our houses? It is in the same neighborhood! " suggested Angela.

Everyone agreed and Veronica drove off to their neighborhood. They noticed that the traffic lights there was no life on the street. That gave chills down their spines. " What the hell was that at school? " asked Adrianne, " I don't even know dude, but I'm glad it isn't a damn clicker. " replied Veronica while she was driving. " What's a clicker? " asked Angela tilting her head. The girls laughed. " Angela, you are such a non gamer. " Zoe said wiping her tears and smiling for the first time. They notice their path was getting foggy. It was an eerie feeling knowing those figures appeared at school. What if those mysterious dark figures appeared out of nowhere and they wouldn't have time to react because of how foggy it is? Not good. Veronica cleared her throat, trying to think of something  to say  but only silence was there.