Chapter 1: The beginning

Prologue:

Alarms goes off as men with lab coats run off. They are shouting for mercy as the pad closes. No peace for them, no peace for humanity. Something is coming; something bad.

Adrianne wakes up after her mom yells for her to wake up. After all, it's Monday and she needs to go to school. "Ugh, school," she mutters under her breath. She walked downstairs and sees Jeremiah already eating as always, it wasn't a surprise for her. He is a morning person while Adrianne isn't, especially on Monday's. She sat down and ate her cereal, Jeremiah looks at her expecting her to look back. She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Look, man if you are judging me because I have messy hair and shitty pjs keep it to yourself! " Her dark brown short hair was like a bird nest and her eyes were a bit baggy, she was a mess. He shakes his head and gives her a nasty look. " Okay, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed! " He puts his hands on the air and then pushes the bowl to the side because he finished. She sighs and looks at him  with narrow eyes. " Then why are you staring at me like an idiot? " He looks at her back " Alright, I get it your cranky and all but I just wanted to tell you something, something important. " He gives her a stern look, Adrianne realized that  this is a serious topic. " Have you seen the news? " she shook her head and started to listen. Jeremiah takes out his phone and shows a video. The video reveals what it seems like men in lab coats running from something with frightening faces. It shows enough proof something horrible is happening. " Did the media s-s-said what's going on? " Adrianne stuttered and her eyes were widen. " No, but there is been theories already." He sighed and she took a scoop of her cereal listening to him.

" Well, the first theory is that they made a hybrid with some kind of animal but didn't turn out well." Jeremiah kept going as she kept stuffing cereal in her mouth, completely intrigued. " The second theory is they found a fossil DNA of an extinct species, for an example a mammoth." Adrianne nodded listening. Jeremiah was quiet looking at his bowl. " Jeremiah? " she looked at him and hold his hand for the first time. Although they don't have a brother and sister bond  with each other, Adrianne felt like it was the right moment to show that brother and sister bond Jeremiah sighed and started to speak again. " The third theory is they made Z-" Out of nowhere he was interrupted. " ADRIANNE AND JEREMIAH GET READY FOR SCHOOL! " They both shivered and Adrianne gave a quick glance at her brother. He sighed, his hand wasn't with hers anymore  and shook his head. " Mom is right, if you want to search for more, you have your phone... look it up " he turned back into a troublesome brother. She rolled her eyes and went upstairs.