Chapter 6: Help

The girls left the house,  Adrianne didn't look back and Veronica looked at her. "Hey Adri, are you going to be okay?" Adrianne nodded, and swallowed the lump in her throat. Veronica gets in the security car and starts the engine. "Alright, lets do this then." They all got in, and this time Stella sat on the passenger seat next to Veronica which then lead to Adrianne sitting on Angela's lap. "We really need another car huh?" said Veronica while driving to the town. Adrianne muttered, "This is basically a golf cart so yes, we really need a new one."

Angela gasped, "Are we going to steal then?!" Stella rolled her eyes at what Angela asked. "What can we do, Angela? We don't have money and we need a car that we can all fit in. A REAL CAR." said Stella. Zoe nodded, "I mean, you don't want Adrianne to be sitting on your lap all the time right?" Zoe asked looking at Angela.

Angela bit her lip and looked at Adrianne and then at Zoe. "We can switch at points?" Zoe's eyes widen and shook her head. "I ain't going to do that, no thank you!" and Adrianne sighed. "Wow aren't you guys so sweet." Adrianne said . "Hey relax, girl. No need for sarcasm. We'll figure something out." replied Veronica. While driving, the path was still foggy and nobody was outside. "So, what local gun shop are we going to?" asked Adrianne, raising an eyebrow.

"The one that's close to the mall, it might not take us long because we don't see any drivers but we still gotta be careful." replied Stella, and they all looked at the hollow streets. The gas station was littered and the little shopping center had their signs closed. "It's only 9:00 am" Adrianne thought and she crossed her arms. Veronica kept driving but as they were getting close to the mall, they passed Target and it was also empty. "Hey, we should also get survival stuff right?" asked Angela and everyone looked at her with narrow eyes. "What? You think it's best to be stuck here in this mess?" asked Angela avoiding eye contact. "Mess? don't be ridiculous now. There was only trouble around school, all we need is weapons to stay alive." said Stella.

"It could get worse. You don't know what could happen Stella!" yelled Angela getting frustrated. Zoe had her eyes widen and pointed at the mall which was by distance, interrupting Stella and Angela. " GUYS....."  everyone looked and as they got closer, they saw something unbelievable. "No.... the people have gotten insane." whispered Veronica as she kept driving.

The mall had all of their windows destroyed, people were breaking into the stores stealing clothes and materials. Veronica parked in a secluded area, scared of getting into that mess. The girls hopped out and started walking to the local gun shop close to the mall. The local gun shop was closed but that didn't stop them. They picked up rocks and started to throw it towards the window. "Keep going girls!" yelled Stella. Adrianne found a big rock and threw it towards the middle of the window. It shattered into pieces and Adrianne smiled. "Damn, I was wrong about you Adrianne, you're strong in your own ways." Veronica added. Adrianne giggled, and went in through the shattered window carefully as the others followed.

"Whoa.... " was all that came out of the girl's mouths. The place was full of different weapons. A gun caught Adrianne's eyes and she walked towards it. She held the gun and saw her reflection through a shattered piece of the window on the floor. "Bang." Adrianne whispered, the gun made her feel strong. 

Veronica picked up a metal staff, it was shiny and cold. She grasped it tightly and swung the metal staff as it hit a vase from the store. The girls looked at Veronica with a raised eyebrow. "I found my weapon!" She yelled and raised it high. "I found mine too!" added Adrianne and they both looked at each other with pride. Stella found a sniper and loaded it immediately knowing it was empty. "Are you really going to have a sniper as a weapon?" asked Angela tilting her head. "Yes, yes I am." said Stella and Angela walked away immediately. Angela kept looking around until she saw a bow and arrow. She gasped, "This is it." she thought and picked it up, grasping it tightly.

Zoe was having a lot of trouble finding her weapon and Adrianne put her hand on her shoulder. "Having trouble Zo?" Zoe nodded and she took deep breath. "I just.... I just don't know what weapon to choose." Adrianne chuckled a little and looked at Zoe. "Whatever weapon makes you feel the most safe and one that your confident with. I guess you could say the one that calls you the most? " Adrianne added. "I guess so...." Zoe walked around and saw a shiny object on the floor. "Hmm?" she said. As she walked towards it and picked it up, she realized it was a pocket knife that had three blades. The girls were behind Zoe to look at it, "You sure you want a pocket knife as a weapon, Zoe?" asked Angela. "Yeah, you guys already have the good stuff anyway." replied Zoe.

"Alright, are we all ready to go?" asked Stella and the girls nodded. "Wait!" yelled Angela, they looked at her. "What is it, Angie?" asked Adrianne. Angela placed 20 dollars at the check out. "Now, we can go." said Angela, and Stella shook her head in disbelief. They all walked out through the shattered window with their weapons. The security car was nowhere near sight. "Shit.... no, no this is not real." said Veronica and walked to the place where the security car once was. "Deep breathes, deep breathes...." said Zoe, so she would calm down. Angela stood frozen and Stella was facepalming. "Hey Ronnie...." Adrianne tried to comfort Veronica by rubbing her back but Veronica pushed her hand away. "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!" Adrianne had her eyes widen, "Hey relax!" yelled Stella and walked toward Veronica. "Look at the bright side, we need a new car and we are in a mall where there is bunch of cars!" 

"Is it safe to steal someone's car though? " asked Angela and Stella frowned. "Of course, there is people already stealing anyway." The girls went to the public parking, with so many different cars available, old and new. "Which car should we get?" asked Veronica, clenching her fists while looking at Stella. "A van would really help." said Stella crossing her arms. The girls looked and walked around the area, keeping an eye out. Adrianne noticed this classic truck and she looked at the girls. She shouted, "How about this one?" and Veronica looked at it. "It could be better!" she replied and Adrianne nodded. Out of nowhere, a volkswagen van honked at Adrianne and she jumped, yelling, "WHAT THE HELL?!" 

She looked back, and it was her long time friend Liz behind the wheel. "Liz?!" Adrianne's eyes widen and she ran to Liz. "Adrianne, what the hell are you doing outside?! It's not safe!" Adrianne chuckled a little, Liz was always protective toward her. "Well, we are trying to steal a car because someone stole our security car." Adrianne replied casually, and the girls walked toward Liz's big van. "Ah, I see...these are your friends?" Liz looked at them suspiciously.

Liz doesn't know Adrianne's friends very well, but it's because she's in a different high school. "More like a group, but then again friends." added Veronica, and the girls nodded. "Hey... how about we team up? I don't want to be alone in this apocalypse you know!" said Liz exasperated. "Shit. You call it an apocalypse already?" asked Stella.

Liz took off her dark sunglasses and chuckled a little. "Honey, it's already starting." Stella looked at her with narrowed eyes.  Adrianne looked at both of them, worried. "Well... we do need transportation after all..." Stella thought out loud and then nodded. "Fine, Liz. You got yourself company." said Stella and Liz smiled. "Alright, get in guys!" she replied and Adrianne giggled. Liz opened the doors of the volkswagen van and let them in. The long journey now awaits them.