Chapter 3: dark mysterious figures

We who live
Veronica waited for her outside,  Adrianne  hugged Veronica.  " Bitch, what took you so long? "  Adrianne couldn't help but  giggle at What Veronica said first.  " Well, I was just admiring nature and also...."  She looked around making sure Dean wasn't there and Adrianne whispered to Veronica " DEAN "  Veronica gasped so hard that some students walking at their direction looking at  Veronica and Adrianne with  their eyebrows slightly raised.   " Oh my gosh, Veronica you gotta chillllll" Adrianne whispered madly blushing. " Sorry, sorry! " Veronica whispered back and then the bell rang. " Lucky for us we both have the same class for three periods! " Veronica smirked and Adrianne  rolled her eyes smiling. They chatted all the way to their first period which was Theater. When the bell rang for first period to start, Adrianne had a bad feeling about something . She nudge Veronica with her elbow.

" Veronica , do you have this strange feeling that something is going to happen ? " Adrianne whispered and Veronica whispered back with her eyebrows raised. " No, why? " Adrianne  shrugged and looked down. " Hey you promise me you will open up to me, what's wrong Adri ? " Adrianne shook her head and looked down at the floor. she was feeling a bit dumb. " What's up with me? " Adrianne thought ... Abruptly,  the intercom made a loud noise and everyone got startled, some jumped and some were awaken from their little nap.  They all looked up at the intercom. " Students we are aware of the video that has been posted on social media and we are supervising the area. That is all. Gooooo patriots! " They all cringed and Mrs Molloy  started to speak about the scripts they have to memorize. Adrianne looked at Veronica, Veronica was paying close attention to the teacher and Adrianne sighed of relief. Someone knock on the door and they all looked at the door, the room got very quiet. The teacher sighed, " Guys, school is the safest place you know?" She walked toward the door and a student reply. " But Mrs Molloy, if they are supervising the place. Does it mean anything can happen at the school? "
The students already started to murmur with that question and some were already in tears. Adrianne felt like the world was crashing down on her, her deep breathes  weren't enough to her lungs.Veronica squeeze Adrianne's wrist for reassurance. When Mrs Molloy opened the door it was Angela, Stella and Zoe late for class. Everyone sighed in relief including the teacher surprisingly. " You know what? I'm not going to even ask you for the absence note. Too much going on already so just settle yourselves. "  They sat down, they seem shaken up, the morning wasn't starting well because of the viral video. Adrianne took out her phone to text them.
( conversation )
Adri: Hey what happened with you guys?

StellaR:  My parents were afraid of sending me to school because of that stupid  video everyone's talking about, but I convinced them at the end.

Adri: Ooh.. Well  school is the safest place for now..

Angie: True, I'm pretty sure Stella told them that.

StellaR: I did.

Adri: how about you Angela?

Angie: my bus came a little late, the bus driver had a panic attack of what was going on but ya know.. he was forced to come.

Vero: that's reasonable..
( end of the conversation )

They  stopped texting and looked at each other. Their hearts were beating fast not from adrenaline but fear. Mrs Molloy decided that all the students should play drama games so the students get distracted from the situation. " So what game should we play? " asked the teacher looking around for an answer. no one stood up, no one spoke up  which was odd because the students were usually disruptive in this class.  Mrs Molloy sighed and walked back to her office  down the hall that leads to the auditorium. She was done trying to find a solution.  The students stared at each other, Adrianne looked at Veronica. "  We need to get out of here before this shit gets worse. " Veronica shook her head. " Adri, is safer here than outside. " Adrianne frowned and shook her head in disbelieve. " bullshit...." Adrianne muttered and looked down at the floor  and some students gasped at what Adrianne said. SPLAT, blood splattered around the windows, everyone screamed.

The teacher ran  to the classroom to see what was going on and saw the windows covered in  fresh  blood, she stared with wide eyes and frozen. One smart and alarmed student told all of the students  to get down and hide. Some were under the teacher's desk, some were hiding on the closets and some were hiding on the big black curtains. Everyone was quiet for a moment and stared at the window. Abruptly a heart wrenching scream was heard from the outside, the scream was on for a long time. All  of the students stared with wide eyes. A mysterious dark figure was seen on the window, a prayer is heard from the side of the classroom and some students  start whimpering. Adrianne and Veronica looked at Angela, Stella and Zoe from the other side of the classroom. A face was smashed on the window, a young blonde guy. His blood was all over the windows again.  The prayer was getting louder, " God, you haven't given me a spirit of fear. Come and replace my fear with your power and your love so I may have a sound mind to live each day glorifying you. " as the students were going to say amen.

The doors opened with sudden force.  The code red alarm goes off  but it was already too late. The mysterious dark figures, a trio of them  appeared but the students  were already gone, running to the auditorium . Their backpacks were left on their seats,  Adrianne gasped looking at one of the dark mysterious figures , making  contact with this figure. She couldn't feel her legs, her heart was beating  out of fear.  Everything was  crashing down on her so sudden, without a warning. Veronica pulled Adrianne's wrist to get her out of it. "Adrianne, run! " Adrianne woke up from it and started to run with Veronica. Stella, Angela and Zoe were running to the auditorium  and Veronica followed with Adrianne next to her.
The mysterious dark figure followed, the figure wasn't slow but it wasn't fast either. It was taller than veronica and skinny looking, starving  for something. Adrianne closed the door hard enough trying to lock it, the figure slam its face on the window of the door. Adrianne screamed and looking fast for a way to lock the door . Veronica  looked back at Adrianne and thinking  fast she ran to Adrianne and she pushed the bookshelf   to the door so the door can hold on for a little longer. Adrianne helped her pushing the bookshelf  and she looked at veronica in tears because she couldn't process this. " Let's go! " she said it in a commanding tone. it didn't sound like Veronica but this is real enough Adrianne thought. This isn't a movie scene, this is real, this is happening....