chapter 2

Trigger warning

  I looked out my window. It was pouring. Dark clouds covered the forest. "Down in the forest we'll sing a chorus, one that everybody knows hands higher, well be on fire. Singing songs that nobody wrote." I jumped when someone started clapped. I looked at the doorway to see Brendon. "Get out." I mumbled. He laughed and walked over to me and sat down. "You didn't take your meds yet." He said as he handed me five pills. I took them and swallowed them all at once. No Water, nothing. "I don't know how you can do that." Brendon said cringing. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. "Sarah and I are going to the store, I would like you to come with." He said with hope. When I first meet them I was three, I can't remember my real family; I suffer from memory loss. I used to call them mom and dad, but when I was eleven I found out I was adopted and I  stopped. I looked at Brendon and nodded. He smiled. "Okay, get ready kid." he said ruffling my hair and running out before I could yell. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom.

   We pulled up to the mall after driving for two hours. They both turned around and looked at me. "We are going to give you some money to shop with, we are going to meet you at the car at eight, okay?" I looked at them funny. "Are you two feeling okay?" I asked. They never let me walk around the mall alone. It's a trick. Brendon looked at Sarah and started to laugh. He then handed me his phone. "Go on before I change my mind." He handed me two hundred dollars. I nodded wide-eyed and got out.

  I walked into Hot Topic. The first thing that caught my eye was a red beanie. I grabbed it and keep looking. "Hey treehouse kid." I looked over to see the man from the woods. "Hi." I whispered. He smiled. "I'm Pete." He held out his hand. "Tyler." I shook his hand. "So where is your mom and dad." I shrugged. "I have no clue, I haven't seen them since I was three." He nodded. "So kid how old are you anyway." I looked at him. "How old are you?" I asked. He laughed. "I asked first." I looked at the ground. "Sixteen." I whispered. "Twenty-six" I looked at him. "Don't worry kid I'm not trying to get in your pants." I rolled my eyes. "Pete." A deep voice said. Pete and I looks at the person. He had blue hair and deep brown eyes. He approached us. "J-" "Save it, we have to go." Pete looked at me. "see ya kid." He said before walking away. The blue haired one looked at me before leaving. Damn.

I was leaning against the car. It was locked. I jumped when it beeped, landing on my ass. I could hear Brendon laughing. Sarah walked up to me and held out a hand. "Thank you." She pulled me up. I looked at Brendon, who was bent over laughing. He had the keys in his hand. "Thanks ass hat." I walked up to him and handed him his phone. He then tackled me sending me backwards. He started to tickle me. I started to squeal. "S-stop!" I screamed. He laughed and pulled away. I tried to get up but he started again. "Dad! S-stop!" I yelled. He stopped and looked at me shocked. Dammit Tyler. I thought as Brendon smiled as he got up. We both walked over to a frozen Sarah. She had her mouth hung open. I hugged her, for the first time in years. She hesitated but hugged back. "I'm sorry." She nodded. "It's fine sweetheart."

   After I helped Sarah with the bags in the car I went up to my room. My door was back on. I opened it and but my bags down and walked over to the window, there was a note. "Tyler,  next time you leave make sure you tell us where you are going. Also check your dresser." I read out loud. I walk over to my black dresser and opened the first drawer. There was a iPhone. I felt tear coming out of my eyes. I felt someone hug me from behind. "Don't cry kid." Brendon whispered in my ear. "Thank you." I whispered. "No problem." I smiled. "Dad, can I go to the tree house in the woods?" I asked. He smiled. "You know it's nine thirty, right?" I nodded. "Okay go." I hugged him, grabbed my bag and walked outside.

   "I ponder of something great, my lungs will fill, then deflate." I stopped and listen to my surroundings. Someone was with me. "Hello?" I said as I looked out a window of the tree house. It was pitch black out. Still raining, not a lot though. "You have a nice voice." I jumped at the sound of someone's voice. It was a male. "Thank you." The man laughed as he started to climb the ladder. When he got up he looked at me. "Hey Tyler, I figured it was you." Pete said removing his hood. I smiled. "I never see anyone else up here." I looked at him he nodded. "Me either, there are so many rumors about these wood, I'm surprised your in them." I looked at him and tilted my head. "What?" He looked at me like I was messing with him. "One rumor is that creatures of the night live in this forest." He said. "Another is that this tree house belonged to a little boy who went missing. He was found years later with claw marks and bruises. He came back to this tree house and killed himself, but there was no body found. Just a rope, and a note. His parents were devastated, they filled the whole with another kid." He said. I took a deep breath. "Also a lot of people go missing in these woods. Those who make it report of seeing the creatures." I nodded. "Creatures of the night?" I asked. He looked at me. "Werewolves." I had all I could not to laugh. What's next is he going to tell you that Santa is real. I jumped as my phone went off. "I have to go." I grabbed my bag and ran. I stopped to breath. Growling. I looked over at were the noise was coming from. The in the shadows was two glowing blue eye.