c h a p t e r 6

dangerous cocktails

dangerous cocktails

Evelyn

Discreetly I walked in to Ethan's room. In the short time he'd been here he had certainly managed to make it fit his style. Navy blue sheets covered the wood frame bed and the lack of curtains indicated to me that he was both a man and former special forces.

"You've certainly made yourself at home. I like it." I uttered looking around the room.

"So does that mean you like me?" I could practically feel the smirk on his face but chose to ignore it and took a step towards him.

I looked at his tie and tilted my head slightly as I examined it. The color did not quite compliment my golden dress and while under any other circumstances that would not have bothered me, it did in this case.

I needed to make a statement.

The people at the party would think of him as my beau, and that would work to my advantage. While they would be busy gossiping about him, I would be busy buying everything from under their noses.

"That tie, it doesn't quite suit you Mr. Devon."

"What do you propose I do to fix it Miss Pierce?"

"Take it off." I commanded as I searched through his drawer for a tie that matched the golden shades of my dress. Once I found the correct one I turned to face him, satisfied that he had taken off his tie.

As if it were second nature I adjusted his collar to allow me access and settled the tie around his neck. I took the measurements and crossed the tie up and under and tightened it up to his throat, elated that it was perfect.

Perhaps he had been doing so all along but I had not noticed until now, but his expression was priceless. A point blank statement of shock carved on his face.

"What? A girl can't know how to make a tie? I said as I crossed my arms and smirked slightly.

"All women know how to do that Miss Pierce, one way or another. Be it debts or ties." He said patting the well made tie. "Although I'm curious, how did you learn how to make a tie so perfectly?"

"I have five brothers Mr. Devon."

"Ah, that explains a lot."

"Well, let's not waste any more time. Are you ready?"

"Of course, Miss Pierce."

"Perfect. Let's go Mr. Devon."

We exited the room and walked down the stairs.

My pick for the evening awaited me. A sleek black Lamborghini Aventador.

Glancing slightly over my shoulder I made sure Ethan followed close behind me and threw the keys at him. To my surprise he caught them and opened the door for me, closing it once I was in. Once he was inside we made our exit and soon hit the streets.