copyright | author's note | foreword

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

•copyright•

copyright 2017 of @lawyercrimes

no part of this story may be copied, reproduced,
sold, or used in any way to promote or further
any causes, no matter how noble or otherwise.

this work is the intellectual property of its author.

any and all wrongful use of it constitutes a violation of wattpad
community guidelines.

the opinions expressed in this book may not
accurately reflect those of its author.
under no circumstances will they be
altered or removed.

no exceptions for persons shall be made.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

•author's note•

my hope is that you all enjoy yourselves as you

immerse your minds in this story.

welcome to the high-stakes, nerve-wracking,
adrenaline-filled world of Miss Evelyn Pierce.

enter, all who dare.

-lawyercrimes

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

•foreword•

"You claim not to want anything more than money!" He said as he came closer to her, his eyes shimmering under the bright full moon. "But I see it in your face! Every day when I come to work Evelyn! Every. Single. Day. You do want something more than money! You're just too scared to admit it!" He finished as he closed the distance between them, held both her shaking hands with one of his fists, and gently stroked her cheek with his other hand.

For a second, just for a second, she contemplated telling him everything. What she truly felt for him. How she felt safe knowing he was nearby. The warmth and comfort he would ignite within her. How she considered him more than just a simple bodyguard.

A river of tears threatened to spill from her eyes. But she wouldn't let it happen any time soon. She wouldn't show weakness to this man or any.

Whether she regarded feelings for him or not.

Reluctantly she pulled away from him, detached herself from all emotion, and put on her powerful, professional demeanor.

She opened her mouth and closed it again. Rapidly, she turned around so as to not face him. Her back was all he could see of her now. The finely tailored knee-length business dress she wore, in combination with her black high heels, exuded more power with its petite fit than any man could ever hope for in the most expensive suit.

"As I said before, Mr. Devon," she stated, her voice a distant forbidden paradise in his ears "it's Miss Pierce to you. I do not tolerate being addressed in a disrespectful way. Good night."  Leaving nothing except silence behind her, she left from his presence.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬